support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Steve, the novice, from Sunderland

TheMekon

Hello all.

I have always enjoyed the noise the sax makes ever since the ska revival of the late 70s.

Now I have myself am alto sax and am keen to learn some of my favourite songs.

I`ve had a few lessons and hope to pick up some tips and advice on here.

Cheers, Steve

Welcome, Steve!

"Noise"? How dare you, sir!

Yes, you'll get so much conflicting advice on here, you'll be able to do whatever you wanted to in the first place, just like the rest of us >:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi steve, big welcome from me as well. Have fun and join in.

Don't listen to BM, he's the one giving the contradictory advice.

Hello Steve

Like you, I'm a newbie and only joined this forum a few weeks ago. Already I've had loads of good (and conflicting) advice, had the mickey taken out of me at least once or twice, and been generally welcomed like a true family member would. Give back as good as its dished out seems to be the norm here - so I know I fit right in, so hope you will too!!

I've taken up with a Tenor which has been loaned to me, and the journey began. Talking to folk on here has helped me gain a much better understanding in a short space of time that I managed for many months meandering along on my own

Welcome, and I hope you find your stay here as pleasant and entertaining as I do!

Welcome to the caff©, Steve.

ENJOY!​™

Now that you've joined the family.... what time do you call this? You're late. Now sit on the naughty step and no sax for at least ten minutes!

Welcome to the cafe!

I have always enjoyed the noise the sax makes ever since the ska revival of the late 70s

Hi Steve, keep on enjoying it and making lots of noise mate...have no idea about Ska..whats that all about then???

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mekon? I thought you Sunderland lads were "mackems"
Welcome Steve.
Andy

Welcome to the forums. These people here are great. I'm new myself and I've flooded the forum with questions and have always gotten several great answers. You will get the same I am sure, just never be afraid to ask.

Hi Steve!

A Big Welcome to the forum from the Skabertawe Horn Section (Sax, Trumpet & Trombone) down by yer in Wales. I haven't been to Sunderland since 1980 - lived for a few months in Grindon when working at the Washington Play Barn.
Good luck with all your sax endeavours. Alto is my favourite sax - quite a challenge to get a really good sound out of it, but well worth it!

Kind regards
Tom

Hello Steve and welcome to the cafe. Time flies and you won't be a novice for long.

Jim.

Cheers for the welcome guys, much appreciated. Yes, we are Mackems, but I've managed to pick up this nickname so using it in here.

Daft question, but which room do I post questions for advice? I've got plenty I need to ask and learn.

It depend what you're asking. Technique etc would be "playing".
Instrument choice or mouthpieces "sax and accessories"
Don't worry KevG tidies everything up, washes the cups, throws out the drunks etc.
Stick it where you think it should be.

Back
Top Bottom