SYOS

Steve Goodson 'Roo pads?

Yanno

Ive been looking around and reading up on new sax pads.
On many places ive seen these- Steve Goodson "Roo Pads"- anyone got any info on these and any idea where I can pick up a set for an alto?

Thanks Again
Yanni

OP
Yanno

Yanno

Thanks for the link,
Can you suggest a certain type- im looking for more brassed, warm sound, I don't know if the copper airtight ones do the trick?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Thanks for the link,
Can you suggest a certain type- im looking for more brassed, warm sound, I don't know if the copper airtight ones do the trick?
I would contact Curt at musicmedic about that.

EDIT: he's actually a member here so maybe you can contact him via PM

griff136

I have fitted both the musicmedic white roo pads and the black saxgourmet roo pads to saxes. Both are very similar and I wouldnt be surprised if its the same company that makes the both so the only difference would be the colour.

Regarding resonators I believe that the size of the resonator may make a very slight difference but the material that theyre made of probably wont.

If a sax is repadded and a good job is done it is bound to feel and sound great, particularly if all problems are adressed when the work is carried out - eg removing play on keywork, making spring tensions even, and getting venting heights correct, ensuring the crook tenon is a snug fit and doesnt leak, removing double action, ensuring the toneholes are level - which is even more important as the roo pads are a lot firmer that the standard leather pad. etc.etc. if these factors are not addressed then just swapping the existing pads for roo pads is likely to produce an unsatisfactory result IMHO.

Regarding pad sets, I would advise measuring each pad cup with a set of verniers or digital calipers and order the pads individually.
If you do order a pad set form Curt at musicmedic and you find that say 3 or 4 dont fit curt will exchange them for you. Musicmedics' service is second to none, reasonably priced and arrives very quickly.

If you do a search on this forum you should find some pictures and comments on a yanagisawa alto I repadded for Maneast.

AlanU

I bought a set of Roo-pads along with other goods from Musicmedic. And was very pleased with the products and the service.

However, I've just received a delivery from them and was very disappointed.
The set of pads they sent was not the Buescher True-tone I ordered, but for a later model. They seem to have mis-labelled the packs.
I also paid for cork sheets they didn't have in stock. I feel this should have been mentioned at the check-out stage.

So I'm pretty peeved with them at the moment as I've just got an e-mail saying the replacement pads have been sent. Six days after I pointed out their mistake.
The cork sheets are expected to be in stock in 2-4 weeks!

Top Bottom