support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Stephen Howard

neil

Locality
Hull
just to let you know...stephen howards site has just been updated...usual great read....including a review of the bauhaus pro tenor (drool) and an interesting article on his new book.

(ADMIN EDIT: you forgot to change the subject as well! Sorted now)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but we should perhaps mention that he's Stephen, not Steven ....in case anyone is Googling!

No need to apologise, Neal.
Why not introduce yourself in the Doorbell section so that we can welcome you properly.

i forgot about the doorbell section...i have actually been a member on here for a good while now...i was wavygravy (dont ask why i have no idea) on the old breakfast room and the same on here then for some reason i couldnt log on under that name so i reregistered using my name.

i forgot about the doorbell section...i have actually been a member on here for a good while now...i was wavygravy (dont ask why i have no idea) on the old breakfast room and the same on here then for some reason i couldnt log on under that name so i reregistered using my name.

I need to merge these two accounts then (one person may not have two accounts), do you want to be neil or wavygravy?

sorry pete didnt realise that.....i`ll be plain old Neil if thats ok....wavygravy was a moment of madness the reason i chose it totally escapes me now.
I know your a friend of Stephen, have you seen a preview of the book and if so what are your thoughts on it.

Neil

sorry pete didnt realise that.....i`ll be plain old Neil if thats ok....wavygravy was a moment of madness the reason i chose it totally escapes me now.

No problem, gives me a chance to try out the forum "merge users" feature. Seems to work, you'll probably find all wavygravy posts are now attributed to neil, and your postcount includes both.

I know your a friend of Stephen, have you seen a preview of the book and if so what are your thoughts on it.

Yes, I did some proof reading and made some suggestions. So if it's any good, then I can take all the credit. If it's rubbish, blame SH.

Actually, it's very good. I'll be selling them from the cafe store too.

In fact our Pete appears in the book in one of the shots, in a kind of "Where's Wally" fashion. If you can spot him you might win an all-expense paid two-week cruise aboard the Woolwich Ferry.

Regards,

pete
if your selling them from the cafe does that mean we might be able to get one with yours and stephens autograph....i`m not a collector of autographs really but you never know they might be worth a bob or two in the future.

pete
if your selling them from the cafe does that mean we might be able to get one with yours and stephens autograph....i`m not a collector of autographs really but you never know they might be worth a bob or two in the future.

that would be cool :)

that would be cool :)

Hmmm, no, you'd get have to them singed from shwoodwind.co.uk

I'm not the author so I wouldn't feel comfortable signing a book by someone else.

But I'm happy to sign my books or DVDs or CDs if anyone wants.

Possibly makes them worth less.

Signed CDs?

But I'm happy to sign my books or DVDs or CDs if anyone wants.

Possibly makes them worth less.

If you press too hard on a CD or DVD it probably makes them worthless as well. :(

Haynes Sax Manual

I've just received my copy of Stephens' sax manual from Amazon - superb! The photos and writing set a new standard for books about the saxophone. Get it on your Xmas wish list quickly before the print run sells out. No time to fill you in any more, since I must get back to reading it, if I can drag it off a friend of mine who has just come for lunch. (He doesn't even play the sax!)
Needless to say, I have no connection with SH, excepts as an admirer of his web site.
Malcolm

Have just ordered it.
How can it be sold at £6 below rrp with free delivery?:w00t:
Its not as if its an old book.
Not complaining, just wondering.
Still, I suppose as long as stephen gets his bit for writing it.

Have just ordered it.
How can it be sold at £6 below rrp with free delivery?:w00t:

This is the reason I am not selling it. I had planned to. I spoke to Haynes as I was going to order 50 copies and I can't get it wholesale as cheap as that!

But if you buy it from Stephen Howard's site, you can get it singed.

Back
Top Bottom