All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

SOLD Stephanhauser Bari Sax - Collection Only!!

Dave Mac

Honest, I'm Trying
Price of Item
£1250
Hi,
after going through 4 Cancers already and about to have radiotherapy for a 5th, I have decided to stop kidding myself that I will, one day, get back to blowing air down large brass tubes ...... It's time to sell. I tell you this sad tale, not to play on your sympathy, but to explain why I will definitely NOT be packaging this beast ready for transportation to god-knows-where. However, the very low price reflects the extra effort a purchaser would have to expend.
I know my location makes this a long shot, but I thought I should give you guys first dibs. And if you buy ProfJames tenor - you'll have a beautiful match pair.

This is a beautiful horn and sounds amazing top to bottom. The original, wheeled, Stephanhauser case is in good nick. I have heard the finish clad both "gun-metal grey" and "black Nickel"

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, but my condition means I can't get myself in the required body positions for the best effect.

Included in the sale:

• SaxRax Stand
  • Selmer C** + Lig + cap
  • Runyon 7 + Lig
  • Yamaha 5C + Lig + Cap + original box
  • Various reeds; 1.5 through to 2.5
  • Sax Lab Strap - I may have the original box
I've spent 2 days now trying to upload about 20 images and only had success with ONE!! (It shouldn't be as difficult as this???!!!). If any of you guys show any genuine interest in this horn I will persevere more.
IMG_0520.jpeg

AlanU

Sorry Dave, I'm not in the market for a baritone.
But I wish you all the best for your treatment.
Good luck

ps. there are lots of baritone pictures in your file which perhaps Jeanette can dig out for you.

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Sorry to hear about your heath issues. Best wishes for your treatment.

Although It's very appealing to try and unite the two horns, I can't travel to you and I already have a bari...

But @Paul_Dennis was looking for a bari... This might be a good option, if he's prepared to take a road trip to Scotland!

Paul_Dennis

Subscriber
I am looking for a bari! I have no idea about Stephanhouser instruments, the model number etc. but this does look like something of a bargain.

jazzdoh

Just like to say all the best for your treatment.
The horn looks like a fantastic bargain for someone, not me unfortunately.
I know from experience cancer is awful, stay positive Dave.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Fifth time lucky I hope

Nice bari and relatively close too...but I've already got one and I mustn't be greedy

Wonko

Good luck with the therapy!

About the saxophone.
I read that stephanhöuser saxes are rather heavy,for a bari that would mean very heavy. How much does that sax weigh?

dooce

I've got the Prof's old Stephanhouser alto, and its a lovely instrument. As Wonko suspects above, its on the heavy side, so I guess that's probably true for the bari as well.

I think I would be up for this baby if Aberdeen wasn't such a major trek, and anyway my John Packer bari ain't that bad that I feel a desperate need to replace it. This will be a great buy for someone prepared to take a plunge into the world outside of Yams and Yanis.

OP
Dave Mac

Dave Mac

Honest, I'm Trying
About the saxophone.
I read that stephanhöuser saxes are rather heavy,for a bari that would mean very heavy. How much does that sax weigh?
Hi Mr Wonko, the horn weighs-in a 5.5Kg, but that's on my old bathroom scales.
Regards, Dave

OP
Dave Mac

Dave Mac

Honest, I'm Trying
Hi all,
I have put this item "On Hold" until the last week in February.
Regards, Dave

OP
Dave Mac

Dave Mac

Honest, I'm Trying
Hi,
I have just met our Jan Beyen and his lovely family. More to the point, he bought my Stephanhauser(and extras) Bari for the agreed price of £1250. I pledged 10% to the charity and so I have sent £125 via paypal.

Mods, I could not see any way of identifying the donation as from the sale of the Bari, did I miss something again?

Regards, Dave.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom