All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Courses/Workshops Staxofsax are back, 21st October 2013 Leicester

littleplum

Locality
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Hi Guys and Gals

Staxofsax took this summer off as we were worn out, altogether now-arrrrrrgggggghhhh bless.

Well we are fully refreshed and ready to go.

We have booked our next workshop for Monday, yes Monday the 21st of October2013 at the Leicester South Salvation Army hall in South Wigston, Leicestershire.

As usual our days are open to anyone aged 11 or over with a minimum of 12 months playing experience.

We will cover large ensemble playing and jazz improvisation. For the jazz we are not expecting you to be John Coltrane or Paul Desmond, this is aimed at novice upward.

The cost of the day is £30 per player and we make a donation to Pete's charity for every forum member that attends.

We have had quite a few forum members previously attend our events and they will tell you that they are a good fun and informative day of music making.

If you would like more details or to book a place you can either contact me through the forum or an email to staxofsax********** or 07736 471861

We look forward to hearing from you

Ps check out the staxofsax Facebook page for pics and videos of previous events.

Cheers

Dave

littleplum

Locality
First player is booked, come on guys you know you want to join us for a great days playing.

You will be taking part in a world premier playing of the large ensemble, which is being arranged especially for the day.

Check out the staxofsax Facebook page for reports, pictures and vids of past events.
Cheers
Dave

littleplum

Locality
We are waiting for a reply from Thirsk regarding dates. As soon as we now we will start a new thread.
Cheers
Dave

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
I might be able to make this - just a bit manic at work as I have to travel to India next week and I may need to go again in October....

littleplum

Locality
Hi Tenorviol

Do you want me to put your name down on the list?
It would be good to catch up.
Cheers
Dave

littleplum

Locality
Hi Amanda
Thirsk is booked for the 20th October, check out the new thread. It would be good to see you if you can make it.

Dave

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
Just to say an enjoyable day in Leicester with Dave and the team. My tenor mostly behaved itself. For a 'classical' musician like me who is probably about G8 singing, G6 cello and G minus a lot on sax, improv is scary!

Looking forward to next one - need the practice.

littleplum

Locality
Hi Ron

It was good to see you again, and glad that you had a good day.

Despite the horrible weather and roadworks everyone made it yesterday. We played an arrangement of Haven't met you yet by Michael Buble, which I thought sounded pretty good after only 2 hours work.

Nick ran an experimental workshop in the afternoon, with the theme of learning a tune by ear. Some found this challenging (me included) whilst others prefer this method to reading. Its certainly given me something to work on.

Thanks again to everyone who travelled to join us, we hope to book one for the week between Christmas and New year so watch this space for details

Best wishes

Dave

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
It was a new experience for me - trying to learn a piece solely by ear - and I felt way out of my depth. But having had time to consider it, I realise that this was a good experience! It has identified a real gaping hole in my education and I will try to improve in this area.
Since I am taking Grade 8 Jazz sax in March, and I play in 5 different sax bands, I don't believe there is much adrift in my ability to read music and play and interpret what is written, or improvise over a backing track - it's playing what was never written that I had the problems with.
Another good day Dave, and Chris and Nick.

Staff online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom