All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Star Dust

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
In the same vein as the last song, I thought I would have play around with 'Star Dust' and add some strings.
This is the long version with the intro.

"Star Dust"

Chris..

Last edited:

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Nice one Chris.

It's a great tune with some lovely saxophone versions out there from the likes of Coleman Hawkins, Sonny Stitt and I've got a nice one by Ray Gelato too.

Rhys

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
Lovely melody. I've got a version by the Lionel Hampton All Stars which has Willie Smith doing a beautiful lead solo on the theme.
Star Dust is on our band's play list this year. We have our own arrangement with an intro. I usually play 2nd alto but last week in the absence of the lead alto, I was given the 1st part to play from sight. Something of a challenge, but fun to do.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Rhys, I agree there's some great versions around. Paul Desmond's is one I like but it's like the who's who of great players when it comes to this tune.

Col, glad you liked this version, I wanted to get away from Piano,Bass and Drums for a change. I got BiaB to give me a piano solo accompaniment part which I exported as midi then using Cubase gave the midi track an e-piano voice, then duplicated it a couple of times used a different voice for the strings with one track up 1 octave. Then just played around with he levels etc.

Thanks to you both for the comments.

Chris..

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom