All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Accessories Stands for yas 875 ex

madmonk

Hi. I recently bought a double stand claiming to be a double tenor/alto.Whilst it is fine for my Walstein tenor, the bell of my yama is so small in comparison with the"hook" that supposedly supports it that I do not trust it.The slightest shift in weight I feel would send the instrument sliding through. I am therefore distrustful of stands that claim to be for both sizes. Any thoughts anyone ?

old git

Tremendous Bore
In the words of Beaky, Mitch, Titch etc. "Bend it". The bell support not the sax. Try the saxes the other way round or change the Yammie for a Cannonball Big Bell.

jonf

Buy a SaxRax stand. The best I've ever seen, by a long way. Their double stands are fine.

Justin Chune

I just bend them to fit. An alto can easily slip through a stand adjusted for a tenor. I noticed my alto half on, and half off the sax stand the other day. I'm now through using the same stand for both instruments.

Jim.

Saxlicker

Buy a SaxRax stand. The best I've ever seen, by a long way. Their double stands are fine.
I too have saxrax for bari, tenor, alto and curvy sop and the alto is a yamaha.
I think they are the best.
I had to tweak my Rax for a good fit on some of the bells, I don't remember which but if I recall correctly it was a manufacturers tip to do so anyway.
I'm sure that what ever stand you have the same applies.
Just a case of gently does it.

OP
M

madmonk

Thanks everybody.I was unaware that they were adjustable. I have closed the gap on one of them and the yama fits.I will still probably look for a more upmarket version than the one I have though.Ill look into sax rax ta

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom