All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Jazz Stan Getz 4t London

visionari1

Hi Stedan,
Thanks for posting, have only watched the first couple of tunes, but it shows Stan at his best, great close ups of his face and embrosure. On Nightingale phrasing and sound to die for.
Timeless stuff tho the time period is obvious and classic, want to watch the rest of it on a larger screen than an iPhone.
Thanks again

Cheers & ciao
Jimu

"Together We Create Beauty"

stedan

hey Jimu,

glad you like it, the set actually gets hotter as it moves on, Stan does sound and look in great shape, and everybody are kicking a**, + Roy is killing!! Awesome classy stuff indeed by a giants band...

It's a beautiful movie, everybody in the hall looks happy and involved in what's happening... thriving jazz in mid 60's London...

:), ciao

S.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I will download the whole thing soon, thank you. I hope it will be published on dvd at some point.

Trivia: The concert is at the LSE, where Gaddafi's son studied
Trivia two (quote):"I have a slipped disc, for all the times I had to bend to please Stan Getz" (Ronnie Scott)

Trivia two might be imprecise. Please correct me if you remember the actual quote.

Apparently SG was quite hard to deal with.
Trivia three: "Stan Getz? An interesting bunch of people!" (Zoot Sims)

breathless

just got to the last chapter of "Nobody else but me" Dave gellys book about Stan! quite a harrowing read.
it would appear Stan really struggled with life off stage!

they do say Genius is next to insanity!

but then I think we all need to be a little insane to get by in this world?

Lee.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom