Stan Gets- It never entered my mind

AndyWhiteford

Google doesn’t yield a hit, from memory it’s not in the Hal Leonard books and saxsolos.com doesn’t have it... time to sharpen your own pencil...( p.s. you’ve been spellchecked. GetZ...)

rhysonsax

Your post made me go and listen to his recordings of this lovely tune and they are superb ! I don't have a transcription, but which recording are you after ?

The one with Oscar Peterson ?

Or the one with strings ?

It's such a fine tune with great lyrics and would make a good Ballad of the Month on the forum.

Rhys

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Your post made me go and listen to his recordings of this lovely tune and they are superb ! I don't have a transcription, but which recording are you after ?

The one with Oscar Peterson ?

Or the one with strings ?

It's such a fine tune with great lyrics and would make a good Ballad of the Month on the forum.

Rhys
That first recording made me wonder if Getz ever recorded with Paul Desmond. From a quick Google, the answer is 'no', which seems a big shame.

Pete Effamy

That first recording made me wonder if Getz ever recorded with Paul Desmond. From a quick Google, the answer is 'no', which seems a big shame.
Indeed. I googled this several years ago and found nothing also. Desmond spent most of his time with the same musicians of course so I guess that made it less likely. I s'pose there was also the possibility that they were asked and one or both declined.

Top Bottom