All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Splitters at Kippertronix!

Fraser Jarvis

Someone has kindly sent me the videos of our recent gig at kippertronix, down buy yer in Wales, mind! this one includes the "stage invasion" near the end! Had to take the video down as certain people were starting to use it against that kid on fb, something that I never intended to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
There's crucial it is.......................................best gig I've 'eard since the rabbit died :thumb:

Fraser Jarvis

Sorry Tom, as soon as I remembered it was Wales see...I just got that vision of Windsor Davis and the way you welcome new members to the forum....if it's any consolation my Daughter has just informed me that it looks like I have a mustache like Adolph hitler (in the video...mind!)

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
I really really envy you playing this kind of music live ( Lovely wall of sound ). I don`t envy you all the rest of the Gigging crap but No Pain No Gain eh? Really digging it:welldone

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
Sorry Tom, as soon as I remembered it was Wales see...I just got that vision of Windsor Davis and the way you welcome new members to the forum....if it's any consolation my Daughter has just informed me that it looks like I have a mustache like Adolph hitler (in the video...mind!)

No apology necessary! I'd be keen on playing my trombone in a Ska band at some stage - my teacher plays in Paolo Nutini's horn section!

Jane M L

Locality
Newcastle Emlyn, Ceredigion
Yes, brilliant ditto! Perfect match with band and audience and nice gentle handling of that lad. Tthat sounds a bit like criticism but I'm sure you would have the same rapport with any kind of audience. The only thing missing was a bit of a sax solo at the end- a sop to us afionados here in the cafe. You never know when you'll be videod.
More, please!

Fraser Jarvis

No apology necessary! I'd be keen on playing my trombone in a Ska band at some stage - my teacher plays in Paolo Nutini's horn section!
You'd be more than welcome Tom, it sounded great with Nath on his bone, unfortunately though he left for pastures new.

Ok so lots of people have seen the video now, I had to take it down for the reason I've now put in the op....but my question is this..how would you guys have dealt with the same situation? In deed, have any of you been in a similar situation and how did you deal with it?

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
You'd be more than welcome Tom, it sounded great with Nath on his bone, unfortunately though he left for pastures new.

Ok so lots of people have seen the video now, I had to take it down for the reason I've now put in the op....but my question is this..how would you guys have dealt with the same situation? In deed, have any of you been in a similar situation and how did you deal with it?

The band I played with in the 80/90`s played some really crazy gigs in Village halls in the north west of Scotland .Some of which did not start until about 1am in the morning, had no security and had a bring your own booze policy. People used to arrive at the Gig in Boats and Drunk Drove after the pubs shut so a hall 2 miles from the wee village would suddenly fill with a couple of hundred people.. People used to drink and dance and approach the stage but our Frontman just had a great rapport with humanity and nothing ugly ever happened. We used to give them a tamb or a pair of marracas to shake and it was job done. ( a dummy Mic is also useful )

Alcohol and Gigs will always go hand in hand until you reach the mid level with all the back stage hospitality and rubbish .Sometimes you can sense the atmosphere is bad when troubles going to happen but that's a different thing from the friendly Drunk who just wants his time in the spotlight. Usually the biggest danger they pose is knocking over an expensive instrument. The lesson being.Keep it safe and don`t treat a stage as a location to show off all your shiny stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom