support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Spider repellent.

I would not spend money on Conkers. It claims to repel spiders by smelling bad. Even though it is true that spiders use smell, they use it to recognize smell that attracts their prey. Spiders are not considered to recognize good and bad smell like we humans do. In fact, very few animals are.

Instead I would spry insecticides around the house (inside as well as outside). And as long as Mother Nature works the way she does, you will have the fortune of doing that once every couple of months for as long as you wish to be 'spider free'.

I have spider phobia :(

Ah. You wouldn't like the resident behind my monitor then.
spider.jpg

I have heard lots of comments (on radio) about leaving little piles of conkers in the corners of the rooms where you don't want spiders. I believe you're supposed to leave them inside their spikey shells, so not just the conkers, but their shells too. I have no idea if it works.
Although I am not mad keen on spiders, being a lone parent with three young children for 10 years, forced me to find courage and perfect the "glass and postcard" trick. Whilst I may not be able to just pick them up, I can at least appear brave to my children and catch them in a glass before putting them outside (probably to get back in before I've shut the front door!)