All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

spare parts

Paul

Hi all
i am just about to purchase a saxophone which is in need of some attention. I think it will need a couple of keys,
pads cork etc and a general overall. As i have plenty of time i thought i would have a go, as i have a copy of Stephen Howards manual. It's just something to tinker about with and if too costly i would just make it look good and hang it on the wall as an ornament.
Anyhow can anyone tell me where i might find generic spare parts for an alto sax, make unknown.
thanks
Paul

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Stephen's manual has a list of suppliers in the UK. And covers all the tools you need. In the US Ferree's tools and music medic would be a good place to start. They also ship internationally.

But... mechanical parts, like neck, guards, keys are difficult if not impossible to source, unless you have a donor instrument with the required parts on it. Necks are particularly problematic.

Best stick to saxes that need no more than pads, springs, corks/felts and be aware that unless you take out play in the keys, pads won't seat too well.

Paul

Many thanks for the reply. Just noticed the list of suppliers in the back of the book. It's not something i'm too hung up about, just thought i'd tinker away and see how i get on. I am buying the sax for 40 euros just to have a mess about with it. Also i think some oily thumbprints on Stephen Howards manual might improve my street cred . If i can sort it then that would be good if not i'll hang it on the wall .

thanks again

Paul

John Coppen

Hi Paul,
I am a Sax Tech based in Spain.... If you still have problems sourcing repair supplies I would be willing to send you what you want including keys, felt, cork, pads, springs etc.

John Coppen

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom