Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Sound Of Springsteen Theatre Tour

thomsax

I'm a big fan of Clarence Clemons! The first time I heard him was in 1973. I was laying in my bed doing my homeworks and on the radio I heard a saxophone that was something I never heard before. Lots of energy and volume! It was Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band playing "Rosalita" and "The Big Man" played a great solo. Since that day CC is "visiting" my house often. I miss his music and his saxophone. At the age of 63, I'm still trying to blow the saxophone à la "The Big Man".

ccequip.jpg

OP
GJ77

GJ77

I love playing Rosalita, and obviously the solo on Jungleland is a real treat. My setup is similar with my ‘54 Mkvi and a Lawton 10*bbb, which has a bullet chamber and plays a lot like a great Berg. I also use LaVoz mediums. Any similarities between our setups is entirely coincidental.

@Col, there are more dates being announced for the autumn tour soon. Hopefully one of those might be down your way.

OP
GJ77

GJ77

The website hasn’t been updated in a while as they seem to concentrate more upon Facebook for promo. I joined the project a little later than those who are on there.

Col

I'll look out for those dates.
Do you stick a Shure 57 onto your bell? Adds a lot of weight but didn't phase the Big Man. I play Jungleland at my local open mic, wish I could play more like Clarence, he's one of the reasons I started playing.

OP
GJ77

GJ77

I'll look out for those dates.
Do you stick a Shure 57 onto your bell? Adds a lot of weight but didn't phase the Big Man. I play Jungleland at my local open mic, wish I could play more like Clarence, he's one of the reasons I started playing.
No way!!!
I use a DPA.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom