support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOTW Junkie Branching Out

jerumulliganrules

Locality
Austin area
Pete has been a fabulous contributor to the Sax on the Web site, so when I saw this, I had to join!!! I'm looking forward to peruse and digest the offerings here. Even at my late stage of life, I want to learn more and play better. Thanks for the acceptance!!!

Pete has been a fabulous contributor to the Sax on the Web site, so when I saw this, I had to join!!! I'm looking forward to peruse and digest the offerings here. Even at my late stage of life, I want to learn more and play better. Thanks for the acceptance!!!

Pete Who?:)))

Welcome aboard...watch your step - look out for discarded reeds, dumped Mark Sixes, old ligatures, dodgy mouthpieces, dodgy players...

Saxophoning downunder,

Greg S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the cafe. :)

When you've got the coffee in tell us a bit more about the sax you play.

Jx

Big welcome from me. Have fun here. Guess it's bari's and bigger for you...

Welcome to the caff©, Mr Mulligan rules.

You certainly need the 'je' as some of us ancients remember Mick Mulligan, a humorous trumpeter. Gerry did give an airing to Chet Baker who's Funny Valentine is extremely amusing. S'pose you play baritone, clarinet, and arrange but not play piano.

ENJOY!

Hi JM. welcome to the cafe. I had the privilege of listening and seeing the late great Mr Mulligan at Newcastle City Hall sometime in the fifties he was going into what I call his semi-commercial phase Walking Shoes etc. but nevertheless great playing. If my memory serves me Stan Getz was on the same bill. I also saw Duke Ellington at the same venue in the fifties.

I was not fully aware of band line ups in those days of my youth so was not sure if Harry Carney was on baritone, but have since listened many times to his rendition of Sophisticated Lady together with Mr. Ellington on piano. Have fun. Best regards N.

Hi Jeremu Lliganrules!

A Big Welcome from a fellow Welshman, down by yer in Skabertawe, mind! Hope to be able to read your next few sentences at some stage.....

Kind regards
Tom:thumb:

Many thanks for the warm welcome and red-carpet treatment! I daresay, it is an honor to be associated with such a diverse, talented, erudite and DASHING group of musicians!!!

I am looking forward to our interactions and acquaintances -- be well!

You're in good company. More than a few of us dabble in both sites. Seems more personal here with lots willing to share info and help each other out.

Hi Welcome.

They're mostly harmless around here - they even let eccentrics like me in to wander round...

Hi Welcome.

They're mostly harmless around here - they even let eccentrics like me in to wander round...
"They"? It's no use struggling, TV. You're one of us, now.

Welcome, jerumulliganrules.

Continually proving the wisdom of Groucho when he said would never want to be a member of a group that would allow him in.....

They're mostly harmless around here - they even let eccentrics like me in to wander round...[/QUOTE]

"They"? It's no use struggling, TV. You're one of us, now.

Welcome, jerumulliganrules.
I know :shocked: I was in London on business last week and went into Sax.co.uk and started thinking, "Well, it can't hurt to buy a tenor can it?" Saved by lack of time. See - you've got me - now an inveterate GAS sufferer.

Continually proving the wisdom of Groucho when he said would never want to be a member of a group that would allow him in.....

[/QUOTE]
Funny - I was only reading that quote yesterday. That and some of Oscar Wilde's...

Back
Top Bottom