SYOS

SOTM October 2020 - Flamingo

rhysonsax

I really like Scott Hamilton's version of Flamingo that was linked to on the first page of this thread. It's got a great swing tempo and I just found out that it was recorded with a British rhythm section in my home town of Farnham in 2005.

Anyway, I made a BiaB backing track in the same key and tempo and used Scott's first chorus as a starting point for my tenor recording.

Flamingo - Rhys Tenor Swing V1.mp3 - Box

Rhys

Mark Hancock

Subscriber
I really like Scott Hamilton's version of Flamingo that was linked to on the first page of this thread. It's got a great swing tempo and I just found out that it was recorded with a British rhythm section in my home town of Farnham in 2005.

Anyway, I made a BiaB backing track in the same key and tempo and used Scott's first chorus as a starting point for my tenor recording.

Flamingo - Rhys Tenor Swing V1.mp3 - Box

Rhys
Excellent Rhys - I'm a fan of Scott Hamilton - you did a great job!

Adrian63

If you haven't already seen it you may want to check out " Great Scott " on you tube : an hour and a half documentary of his story . I was lucky enough to swap a few e mails with him a few years back and keep promising myself to catch up at his Dean St Pizza Express residency on New Years Eve....

Adrian63

I'm talking on another thread about not being a jazz follower : this is about as far as it goes...a great player with a wonderful sense of melody... :)

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber

Rhys
I love what you've done with the backing track and really enjoyed listening to your playing, thank you. Look forward to the alto transcription too.

Members online

No members online now.
Top Bottom