All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

SOTM May 2021 - The Swan

jbtsax

Café Supporter
I played on my Rampone saxello with the piano backing from YouTube that I linked to earlier in this thread. It's nice to have that real sound and a human pianist, but they pulled the tempo around in places and I'm not used to that.

The Swan - Rhys sop V1.mp3 - Box

Rhys
That was very nice @rhysonsax. Controlling the intonation on those high notes is a challenge, and you did that in quite an impressive fashion. That is a nice backing track. If I do a recording it will be with that one. There is another one on YouTube that sounds nice, but is dreadfully slow. I'm not enough of a masochist to use that one. ;)

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Café Supporter
I played on my Rampone saxello with the piano backing from YouTube that I linked to earlier in this thread. It's nice to have that real sound and a human pianist, but they pulled the tempo around in places and I'm not used to that.

Rhys
Very good - well done. :thumbs:
I thought about recording the song on soprano myself until I realised how high it goes.
But you made the high notes sound effortless.

LostCircuits

Rhys
I just tried a few phrases on my King Saxello and now I am just squinting my eyes listening to your take again .... LOL, I haven't played soprano in awhile, so that's my excuse :old:
And the absence of full articulation doesn't help either

LostCircuits

That was very nice @rhysonsax. Controlling the intonation on those high notes is a challenge, and you did that in quite an impressive fashion. That is a nice backing track. If I do a recording it will be with that one. There is another one on YouTube that sounds nice, but is dreadfully slow. I'm not enough of a masochist to use that one. ;)
Please do!

randulo

Living the dream
Café Supporter

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Café Supporter
Well done!
And a respectable clarinet sound from the YDS-150.
You skipped over two bars at 0:58 - leaving out bars 12 and 13, which meant that the accompaniment was out from then on.

randulo

Living the dream
Café Supporter
Well done!
And a respectable clarinet sound from the YDS-150.
You skipped over two bars at 0:58 - leaving out bars 12 and 13, which meant that the accompaniment was out from then on.
The sounds are both from the Logic sound library. The YDS has no clarinet sounds and we all know there's no point in trying the sax sounds. Could have used flute, I suppose. Actually, the lead instrument can be changed to anything! I knew there was something wrong with the export so I kind of improvised, but this was not something I wanted to spend a lot of time on. By the way, rubato on a computer will not be great, either, without considerable effort. And finally, "disclaimer", it may not be obvious but since I don't read music, I did this by listening to each phrase and recording them individually. No big accomplishment, but just for the fun.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom