All profit supporting   special needs music

SOTM June 2022 - Manha De Carnaval (Theme from Black Orpheus)

rhysonsax

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
This summer I will have to play alto and am looking to use this Drake VR Jazz NY mpc; quick and dirty, one shot one take:

View: https://youtu.be/ly-BmEiKQ1Y

Ciao

The alto is sounding good ! And the mix is well done too.

It's interesting that the clip-on microphone doesn't seem to pick up much noise from the mechanism - there is another thread on the forum about that at the moment. It also captures a well balanced sound.

Rhys

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
@guidocreo Do tell. Is it the T.bone?.

guidocreo

guidocreo

Locality
anzio - Italy
Thanks,
the microphone is an Audio Technica Pro35.

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Have you tried clipping the mic to the other side of the bell, to catch more of the sound coming out of the tone holes?

CryptoHead

CryptoHead

Café Supporter
Locality
Escazu, Costa Rica
Very nice. With a gentle touch! :clapping:

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
What's not to like? :yess:
Is it my phone or do you mange to play without the sax in your mouth?

Guenne

Guenne

Locality
Austria
Is it my phone or do you mange to play without the sax in your mouth?
Hey Colin!
Could be that Audio and Video part at some place.
I'm recording audio and video with my built-in webcam, audio with my recording software.
Then I try to synchronize. I try :)

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
This used to be a regular in my busking repertoire when I used to be up and out early. Not so much lately. Any how...rusty mic technique and I've overloaded the mic singing too loud too close but here it is.
Listen to Black Orphean Fool's Carnival by Colin the Bear on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear%2Fblack-orphean-fools-carnival View: https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear/black-orphean-fools-carnival?ref=clipboard&p=a&c=1&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

CarriageTownSax

CarriageTownSax

Locality
NH, USA
Spent a week away and got back Monday. Was supposed to go to a jam session (not the best idea after a solid week+ of rust), so I decided to practice a bit. Put the mouthpiece in my mouth and immediately split my lip. That sucked.

Today, it was much better (beverages may have helped!). Decided to give this one another go. Not sure link will work -- currently in chat with tech support for my website, which has vanished. (GRRRR!!!)

A Day In The Life Of A Fool (take 2)

rhysonsax

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Spent a week away and got back Monday. Was supposed to go to a jam session (not the best idea after a solid week+ of rust), so I decided to practice a bit. Put the mouthpiece in my mouth and immediately split my lip. That sucked.

Today, it was much better (beverages may have helped!). Decided to give this one another go. Not sure link will work -- currently in chat with tech support for my website, which has vanished. (GRRRR!!!)

Link not found !

Rhys

CarriageTownSax

CarriageTownSax

Locality
NH, USA

Okay, apparently I only have 15 minutes to correct an error. Let's try this again: A Day In The Life Of A Fool (take 2) (TAKE 2)

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom