OP
nigeld

nigeld

I think I need a different ligature
Subscriber

randulo

Second grade, but not second rate!
Subscriber
Thanks! I always feel I must add the disclaimer that I have been playing other instruments and listening to the finest saxophone players for around a half-century. One regret I have is that I spent a few weeks on tour with Red Holloway and had I been learning then, I could have driven him nuts for lessons, as he was one amazing player.

Colin the Bear

The best players don't always make the best teachers. In that case, you learn most by playing with them. Conversely the best teachers aren't always the best players. In that case it's do as I say, not as I do ;)

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
There’s lots of room for more recordings folks!
If you are not happy improvising, then play it straight - it’s a good tune.

Clivey

Heres a little version from this am. It really was the 1st and only take so its not very good or in tune but i liked the backing I produced in BIAB so thought i,d post. I will have to listen to others when i connect to free wifi somewhere.

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
Heres a little version from this am. It really was the 1st and only take so its not very good or in tune but i liked the backing I produced in BIAB so thought i,d post. I will have to listen to others when i connect to free wifi somewhere.
I think I prefer your BIAB backing to the one I made. What style did you use?

Clivey

I think I prefer your BIAB backing to the one I made. What style did you use?
Not 100% about style .I usually start with congas and accostic bass and add guitar and strings or a synth this one had bodhran on it originally
I hope to do this again tomorrow am probably on sop again but maybe tenor. I will possibly get the chance to listen other takes on free WiFi this evening.

Top Bottom