SOTM July 2018 “Our Day Will Come”

• Thread starter U CAN CALL ME AL
  • Start date
U CAN CALL ME AL

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
@c9off Talk about late in the day 23:59:59! Very well worth waiting for well played lovely laid back feel and soft tone no angst at all. Thanks for posting.
Regards Al

c9off

c9off

Locality
London SE/Kent & Rickinghall
@c9off Talk about late in the day 23:59:59! Very well worth waiting for well played lovely laid back feel and soft tone no angst at all. Thanks for posting.
Regards Al
But there was hours spare?...
Appreciate the comments :)

hedgehog

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Café Supporter
Locality
In the café.
These threads never close. Nice BT BTW. ;)
Colin, I am so glad to read that. Thanks!

I'm still working on mine. Flimsy excuse: family visited for three weeks, severely restricting my time for practice. But (perhaps not so) strangely, I think I improved despite (or because of) the layoff.

hedgehog

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Café Supporter
Locality
In the café.
@s.mundi said:

But he didn't post! So here after a week of being unable to play is my Blossom Dearie style effort squeaks and all, nothing like the taste of new cane!

I wasn't familiar with Blossom Dearie's version but just listened to hers and to yours. They both have a nice gently swinging sound. Thanks for posting.

Did you make the backing track?

U CAN CALL ME AL

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
@hedgehog thanks for posting. Nice recording. Nice tone played confidently and cleanly. Plaintiff sound would have liked a little more impro but no matter it worked. Using old gear or had to repurchase?
Kind regards Al

hedgehog

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Café Supporter
Locality
In the café.
@hedgehog thanks for posting. Nice recording. Nice tone played confidently and cleanly. Plaintiff sound would have liked a little more impro but no matter it worked. Using old gear or had to repurchase?
Kind regards Al
Thank you for the helpful comments. I think you chose just the right word to describe the sound. With a bossa style I think of Stan Getz but it didn't come out that way (no subtone, to start with). I'm pleased to head the tone is good!!! On the impro I ran out of ideas I could play cleanly, so...now I will work on technique more.

Let's see...I am not (yet) up to the Link STM 8 I played in the 70's so I bought a Yamaha 4C. Also I bought a Blue Snowball ICE mic.

Thanks!

U CAN CALL ME AL

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
Sounds like you get along very well. Where have I heard that before? Has a slightly ‘raw’ sound to my ears but that may be the MP or the way you voiced or it could be the recording. Stylistically I enjoyed it, nicely understated improv.
Thanks for posting. Kind regards Al

s.mundi

s.mundi

Locality
Texas Gulf Coast
Nick. That Bari sounds great!

U CAN CALL ME AL

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
G’day @B Flat So glad you posted this Nick. Really lovely interpretation. Nice to hear a bari take, I recently sold mine, it had only been played once or twice in a couple of years since I left a BB. I could almost hear the words in the sound inflexion of the melody, You obviously enjoyed the take and didn’t want it to stop playing on after the backing! I do this all the time. So nice having all these late takes.
Kind regards Al

Last edited:

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom