support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOTM July 2017 -'And now for something completely different'

I expect to hear someone doing..<snip>
"Hawaii 50".
'Attempting' rather than 'doing'...tbh.it's a bit beyond me really but that's never stopped me before :)

This is as far as I got at the moment, sadly not got the time I used to have for a bit, hopefully more next week...but I mean...like 6 sharps? The first bit isn't bad, one flat, then it's just silly. As a reward if I carry on, it then swaps to on sharp :)

Oh yeah, it's not one go yet, I can't manage swapping from a flat to 6 sharps in one go yet.

Hawaii50090717.mp3 - Box

Just had another listen...ouch! timing's out a few times

Last edited:
Somebody help me out. What was this the theme tune of. Can't for the life of me remember.

DeadAudiolink Removed

I seem to be having a bit of a revelation with BiaB. After many, many hours, I just noticed the tone button. DoH! Yes. I've been to spec savers. They arrive Thursday. And the "Jules Holland" button for piano is a fun find too.

Hi @MandyH and @saxyjt this is very interesting as if you listen to my recording earlier in the post on page 1 you you will hear that it is the same backing. In my case Guest Spot playalong 'Classic Blues' I think. When I tried to post this same recording on Soundcloud it was immediately taken down due to "possible infringement of copyright Omniamedia.com", it had been picked up by one of their software filters. I was then able to post it in Box app, and link it here.
As I am always very careful about PRS and copyright infringement and the use to which I put purchased backings (never commercially) I am pretty annoyed with Soundcloud that you have used the same and somehow managed to get it past their 'System'.
Nice recording @MandyH by the way.
Regards Al

How odd.
I don't think I've done anything especially different with settings, just posted the recordings on Soundcloud.

I have had recordings taken down, but they were of BBC Radio programmes, that I recorded and shared privately to a friend who was living abroad, so I think Soundcloud were justified. Fortunately the friend got to listen before it was taken down!

I seem to be having a bit of a revelation with BiaB. After many, many hours, I just noticed the tone button. DoH! Yes. I've been to spec savers. They arrive Thursday. And the "Jules Holland" button for piano is a fun find too.

Yes, I use the tone controls quite a bit. I like to give a little treble boost to the bass so it isn't as "boomy" and sometimes I take a bit of the highs from the drum set if the cymbals are too prominent for the style of the tune. What are "spec savers" and the "Jules Holland" button for piano???? o_O

Spec savers is a chain of opticians. They run an ad campaign advising people who make visual mistakes to pop in and get some specs. "Should've gone to spec savers"

Jules Holland is a British Pianist. He played with Squeeze back in the day. He presents a Tv show introducing an eclectic selection of bands and plays with some of the greats solo piano or with his Big Band. He has a penchant for boogey woogie. The piano real track I selected for my latest effort sounds very like his playing. So I named it the "Jules Holland " button.

Somebody help me out. What was this the theme tune of. Can't for the life of me remember.

DeadAudiolink Removed

The 1997 film 'Going all The Way' with Ben Affleck, the original was 'Marty Robbin's' 1st number one hit.
Nice verson as always Colin

Ladies and Gentlemen,

my new Tenor (bought at sax.co.uk).
I just came home from summer holidays part 1, and I was eager to try it, as it hadn't been packed very well (could move in the case).
It's a Yanagisawa TWO10U, the unlaquered version, which is pretty hard to get.
This is my new horn for teaching.
From the movie "Laura":

Laura

Cheers, Guenne

Had some time to have a go at this one. I downloaded a backing track, but I can't work out where it starts :) or, where I'm supposed to start...and teacher is not here this week (well, strictly speaking, I wasn't here this morning :), ;but I digress). So, I just played it, hopefully it's almost recognisable :)

JurassicPark.mp3 - Box

Mostly just winging it, totally lost it at the end, maybe I'll go watch the film again

Back
Top Bottom