support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOTM July 2017 -'And now for something completely different'

I've always struggled with this tune from the 1965 movie. G4M Tenor Berg Larsen 105 2 SMS 2 1/2 Legere Signature reed. Effects pedal through Roland mobile cube amp.

Last edited:
hi Nigel,
I've just changed the settings / permissions to be the same as the previous track, so hopefully you can listen now?

I uploaded via iPad and the Soundcloud App, and I can never find the permissions tab (if it's even in the app!), and my husband is currently re-building my Desktop PC, so I've had to scrounge an offspring's laptop to edit it. :rofl:

It works for me now. Thanks.
I can't find the permissions tab in the iPad Soundcloud app either.

I must stop doing this! WarrenBeatty/Faye Dunaway. Click Bonnie & Clyde Pic
2.gif

Kudos to Chris' creativity for coming up with a thread like this one where everyone can pick a favorite song to play and record. This is a project I have been working on for the past few days as I learn my way around in Finale. Like many of you I have been disappointed that there hasn't been a good backing track to play Gabriel's Oboe, so I decided to make my own. Please feel free to use the backing track and the written parts as you like. I took the original down a step from D to C concert to make it more manageable on soprano pitch wise, Unfortunately there is no way around the high F# in the alto part (there just isn't a low Gb on the violin). :) Enjoy.

Gabriel's Saxophone

Last edited:
Kudos to Chris' creativity for coming up with a thread like this one where everyone can pick a favorite song to play and record. This is a project I have been working on for the past few days as I learn my way around in Finale. Like many of you I have been disappointed that there hasn't been a good backing track to play Gabriel's Oboe, so I decided to make my own. Please feel free to use the backing track and the written parts as you like. I took the original down a step from D to C concert to make it more manageable on soprano pitch wise, Unfortunately there is no way around the high F# in the alto part (there just isn't a low Gb on the violin). :) Enjoy.

Gabriel's Saxophone

I've been wondering what to work on next, that might fit the bill :)

Thank you

Jx

@U CAN CALL ME AL housing needs came first AL:) The EWI is OK but it's NOT a sax and never will be. It's a stand alone instrument in it's own right and has to be treated like that or you'll never be at home with it:)

@jbtsax John the idea wasn't mine we have @Tiberius to thank for putting it to me. I just ran with it and it seems like it is going down well with the members:)

Chris..

I'm doing things backwards here. Googling the songs I want to play to see if there's been a film or Tv show. Yay 1997 Ain't misbehavin' hehehehe. :rolleyes:

Giving the new Alexander superial DC's a run out.

DeadAudiolink Removed

I'm doing things backwards here. Googling the songs I want to play to see if there's been a film or Tv show.
That's that grey area you know, it's not quite cheating, but close...perhaps we should call it a free jazz interpretation of the rules :)

I don't know if this is a worldwide TV programme, or just BBC in the UK, but this tune is used as the title song for the "Film xxxx" film review series of TV programmes, the domain of the recently deceased Barry Norman.
"I wish I knew how it would feel to be free" :

I've never heard of the TV program you mention, but I know the song from:

Not a light version... But it's impossible to match Nina's intensity between her piano playing, her singing and the way she's possessed by the song!

Hi @MandyH and @saxyjt this is very interesting as if you listen to my recording earlier in the post on page 1 you you will hear that it is the same backing. In my case Guest Spot playalong 'Classic Blues' I think. When I tried to post this same recording on Soundcloud it was immediately taken down due to "possible infringement of copyright Omniamedia.com", it had been picked up by one of their software filters. I was then able to post it in Box app, and link it here.
As I am always very careful about PRS and copyright infringement and the use to which I put purchased backings (never commercially) I am pretty annoyed with Soundcloud that you have used the same and somehow managed to get it past their 'System'.
Nice recording @MandyH by the way.
Regards Al

Back
Top Bottom