• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
sax.co.uk

SOTM July 2017 -'And now for something completely different'

Chris

Well Known
Cafe Moderator
No not 'Monty Python' sorry guys:)

Rather than one person hosting the month and giving us one song to play. I'm going to give everyone a Genre to play, find a song from the given genre and give it your all:).

So the months Genre is 'Film or TV Themes'

So find one you like and post your version of playing it, I'll be around if anyone needs any backing tracks, I'll see what we can put together :) One tip I would give is. 'google' is your friend, as well as 'musescore' and free midifiles.:)

It doesn't matter how long the track is and it doesn't need any 'improv' For examples of 'older' tv shows, E.R. St.Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues all would make great versions:)

Have fun:):)

Chris...

Tiberius

hehe, I can cheat and carry on playing GoT :)

Teacher is here tomorrow after a 2 week break, but, we may have to compete with a digger doing the foundations for my new studio :) Must be something appropriate, I'll think

AlanT

Hello! I'm trying to play the sax for about three years now. Last October I did this song from the movie "Days of Thunder"...
Very nice! At 3 years I was still squakin'-and-ah squeekin' but you sound sweet. Looking forward to hearing more from you here.

This is where I start. Click on pic
You are going to have to let us in on how you make your sax sound like a helicopter, that was awesome! ;)

Last edited:

Tiberius

Just to give you a few ideas here is...
Another suggestion for the less experience, in YouTube, type "how to play theme", and you'll get loads of different examples, often with a play along score that you can follow. A backing track isn't totally necessary.

U CAN CALL ME AL

Subscriber
1961 originally titled Jenny, after his daughter, was changed to STRANGER ON THE SHORE when it was chosen for the theme tune to the series set in Brighton. The reverb was added using a guitar effects pedal during the take not post recording. CLICK ON PIC
sots.jpg