support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOTM Dec 2019 -Frosty the Snowman

It's deceptively difficult really, you think you might be able to get away with playing over the 1 and 4 tonal centres only, but then you find that you need to outline the other stuff. It found me out on a few takes, the notes aren't where I left them...

It's deceptively difficult really,
Aren't all super-diatonic-with-an-occasional-diminished tunes? Yes, there's shape and it's very close to two or three other Christmas songs. In fact most of these, when major, sound alike, tonally. The minor ones sound like the major ones with a flat third >:)

I had a go at the Bossa Nova version on my tenor, but it came out more Calypso than Bossa.

Bossa Frosty - Rhys tenor V1.mp3 - Box

You will be relieved to hear that I don't have the facilities to make video recordings.

Rhys
The Calypso flavor comes thru, and it fits the tune well. So just rename it "Calypso Frosty". Fun to hear. And thanks again for the backing tracks @rhysonsax

Groovy tenor, played well

Does the festive red mouthpiece have a guidance system to find it's way unerringly through Santa's beard?
Thank you Ivan.
Mouthpiece guidance is purely trial and error. I have found that a mouthful of artificial Santa beard does not add "Christmassy" tone.

Back
Top Bottom