All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

SOTM Dec 2019 -Frosty the Snowman

Pete Effamy

Locality
Hampshire
I think I over use it for other styles.
I used to think this for a long time about my own playing, but detail doesn't travel well from the horn to the listener - same as dynamics. If in doubt, try over-doing them. I've said before on here that I learned a lot about vibrato from Everette Harp. It's very obvious when he plays - see if this track answers any questions you have of yourself.

View: https://youtu.be/rV9qu5YkT28

Pete Effamy

Locality
Hampshire
Another Smooooth guy. But geez, the detail in his playing - and when he cuts loose, he's got a lot under the hood. He did a great album of Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. Still love his playing. Oh, and how I wish I could groove on the bass like on this track.

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Locality
Peeblesshire
I thought this would be good practice for a very vague gig I'm doing on Friday night.."turn up and busk some Christmas tunes...there will be a trumpeter too..." that's all the details I've got! o_O
Two for the price of one Christmas

Top notch

Ta

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Locality
Peeblesshire
the trumpeter from my band would be right at home in that trumpet section....and on that subject, Merry Christmas from the Sousa Libres
Thanks for that musical Christmas card

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Locality
Peeblesshire
One of the reasons I chose Frosty for the Dec SOTM was my sneeky admiration for the following track which grabbed me when I heard it in the 90's and I give it a listen every year. It was on a CD "Snow" with one other track: Winter Wonderland

View: https://youtu.be/Pds_K2j3RKM

I liked the nihilistic flavour that immediately separates both numbers from all other Christmas pop. Listening back it's not all that dramatic. But I like the Cocteau Twins and I like this

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Locality
Peeblesshire
This is my second version of Frosty. Many thanks for the opportunity to record and play.
Frosty Gets Blue

Comments appreciated...I already know I could have put a little more energy into this, so one lesson learned from this one.
Has a good energy and bounce I would say

Yet more yule-ish fun

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6