All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

SOTM Dec 2019 -Frosty the Snowman

Pete Effamy

It's deceptively difficult really, you think you might be able to get away with playing over the 1 and 4 tonal centres only, but then you find that you need to outline the other stuff. It found me out on a few takes, the notes aren't where I left them...

randulo

playing 2 years
Subscriber
It's deceptively difficult really,
Aren't all super-diatonic-with-an-occasional-diminished tunes? Yes, there's shape and it's very close to two or three other Christmas songs. In fact most of these, when major, sound alike, tonally. The minor ones sound like the major ones with a flat third >:)

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Great use of Anacrusis (pickup notes) that drive this without artifice. Well conceived and played! Once again beautiful tone and phrasing.

Pete Effamy

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Subscriber
I had a go at the Bossa Nova version on my tenor, but it came out more Calypso than Bossa.

Bossa Frosty - Rhys tenor V1.mp3 - Box

You will be relieved to hear that I don't have the facilities to make video recordings.

Rhys
The Calypso flavor comes thru, and it fits the tune well. So just rename it "Calypso Frosty". Fun to hear. And thanks again for the backing tracks @rhysonsax

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
More apologies about the black stick - I'm testing mics/preamps and starting to use my studio again for the first time in years. Here's a swing version
Verily doth it swing
Merrily doth it swing

Upbeat and cheering

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
I might have got a bit carried away with the Christmas theme...
Groovy tenor, played well

Does the festive red mouthpiece have a guidance system to find it's way unerringly through Santa's beard?

Mark Hancock

Groovy tenor, played well

Does the festive red mouthpiece have a guidance system to find it's way unerringly through Santa's beard?
Thank you Ivan.
Mouthpiece guidance is purely trial and error. I have found that a mouthful of artificial Santa beard does not add "Christmassy" tone.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom