All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

SOTM - August 2016: Wave

jimmylh

Locality
Warner Robins, Georgia USA
It's too short. ;)
I was pretty happy with this take, except for one part around the 53 second mark where I was ahead of the beat. :mad: I didn't want to ruin it with a ridiculously bad solo attempt. I'm going to try hard to study the changes and see if I can do a full song before the month is out. Trouble is folks tire of listening to the same person after the second or third post. Can't really blame them though. :verysad;)

Last edited:

jbtsax

Subscriber
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Trouble is folks tire of listening to the same person after the second or third post. Can't really blame them though. :verysad;)
No we don't but we just forget to comment, I often set a track playing then go off reading stuff whilst I listen and forget to go back :)

Jx

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
No we don't but we just forget to comment, I often set a track playing then go off reading stuff whilst I listen and forget to go back :)

Jx
I concur, it's an age thing :confused:

jimmylh

Locality

Jx
I'm basing this on the number of plays I get on soundcloud for any given month. For example I may average 20 plays the first post. Second post 9 or 10. Third post I'm lucky if anyone listens at all. Just my experience.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I'm basing this on the number of plays I get on soundcloud for any given month. For example I may average 20 plays the first post. Second post 9 or 10. Third post I'm lucky if anyone listens at all. Just my experience.
I promise to listen to your last attempt just tag me :)

Jx

OP
Veggie Dave

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
Locality
Citizen of Nowhere
Trouble is folks tire of listening to the same person after the second or third post.
Sadly true ... so produce a track that's all solo instead. ;)

That way, you get to let rip, we get to hear you letting rip and it's a brand new track so no problem of people being uninterested in listening to the same song again. :thumb:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Change the tempo too. Different embellishments become apparent at different tempos tempting you to get lost and find your way back in different ways.

ac30kev

Too old for a six-pack, it's now a sax-pack
Locality
United Kingdom Manchester-ish
Change the tempo too. Different embellishments become apparent at different tempos tempting you to get lost and find your way back in different ways.
True. And it helps to create a different vibe to the tune.

jbtsax

Subscriber
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Excellent tune and some nice versions so far.

My favourite performance is a live recording by Dexter Gordon from his superb album(s) Swiss Nights.

What a sound and what great music !

Rhys
I have been really studying this tune, and this transcription is a "master class" by Dexter Gordon on what notes sound "hip" over the changes. His "quotes" of other Jobim tunes are delightful as well. @Colin the Bear What's not to like???

jimmylh

Locality
I was in the groove and it suddenly stopped.:(
Thanks for listening Rob, I really appreciate it. I was mainly seeing what kind of sound I could get and I wasn't ready to try a solo. I'm getting closer to following the changes and will post a final take before the month is out.

jimmylh

Locality
Last edited:
Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6