support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

sopranino

ilovebech

I just received my inexpensive Chinese nino, and have put a tune on you tube, I can't get one of my grandchildren to show me how, so I can't post a link,but if you are interested, look under MusicMagic21. I am so happy with this horn I can't tell you.

Sounds really nice to me. They're hard to play in tune and this is really good. What mouthpiece are you using on that ?

My sopranino is a curved one by Orsi but it hardly ever comes out of its case. Steve Howard didn't like it at all, but I think it's not too bad now I've got a Pillinger mouthpiece for it. Steve's review is at: http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Reviews/Saxes/Sop/Orsi_sopranino.htm

Rhys

Both player and sax sounds good. I'm impressed by the new Chinese saxes. The other week I tried a new curved Yani for 30 000 s e k and new Chinese soprano for 8000 s e k. Ok, the Yani was better but I was impressed how well the Chinese sax played.

The curved sopranino is rare. Beside Orsi, it was just King that officially made a curved sopranino back in the 20's. I had a two-tone Selmer from -83. I think it was a Mk VI. As far as I know Selmer company kept Mk VI production on sopranino and bass. I didn't get along with the sopranino. Hard to handle.

Thomas

Thanks rhysonsax, the m/p is the one that came with the horn.It is much, much, better than the Chinese m/ps that come with sopranos.They end up in the bin.I have three Chinese sops. including a Venus curved, and they all play great with a Yamaha 7 m/p.

Hi ilovebech

I really liked that, the nino sounded great or maybe it was the player making it sound great,either way very enjoyable.How about some details on the sax,Make price where to get one how long it took to get it, I wouldn't mind having one myself...john

Hi ilovebech

I really liked that, the nino sounded great or maybe it was the player making it sound great,either way very enjoyable.How about some details on the sax,Make price where to get one how long it took to get it, I wouldn't mind having one myself...john
Thanks glad,sax from justflutes, called JP atom.

Thanks ilovebech

I had a look on ebay after I replied to your thread and found a couple in that price range in CHINA but now that I know you can get one from an English supplier why bother taking the chance,and I believe Jonathan Myall have a very good reputation.Thanks again for the info...john

Sounds nice.
John - I don't know anything about 'ninos and less about the JP Atom, but Jonathan Myall's is my local music shop. Very helpful, good service and Griff toils in the backroom once a week magically making sick saxes well.
YC
ps Should have commented on your forum name under the proper thread, but unlike OG and his Gladys, yours always reminds me of the Danish TV studios that are (or were when I lived there years ago) at Gladsaxe in Copenhagen.

I agree with all thats been said already, nice playing and sound, ....oh hell, Sopranino now... Och no.... gas attack approaching, tho usually with me this takes years to manifest.

Good one John.

This GAS thing is ridiculous how on earth can you be drawn to a bari and a nino at the same time? can't really justify the grand for even a cheap bari but the £350 ish for a nino is in with a chance.I love having a blow on my little sop but I know I'm not playing the right notes when I use my alto music but with the nino I would be wouldn't I.That is right isn't it,maybe I just want to stick to the same music and with alto bari and nino I can do that (CUNNING PLAN EH)...JOHN:)