Sonny Rollins at the Barbican in November

Young Col

Ian
Thanks for what the PR people call the "heads up" on this. I've been keeping a look out for whether he is coming to the UK this year. I have never seen him live and have resolved to do so before it is too late - for him or me!
Cheers
Colin

nakedlunch

I have also just purchased two tickets. I went last year and met up with Mr Rollins at the aftershow - all made for a fantastic evening.
However, I have to comment on the pricing. £75 for the top tickets. Back in 2006 these tickets were £40. Are Mr Rollins fees double what they were 4 years ago or is the Barbican getting greedy?

OP
half diminished

half diminished

I have also just purchased two tickets. I went last year and met up with Mr Rollins at the aftershow - all made for a fantastic evening.
However, I have to comment on the pricing. £75 for the top tickets. Back in 2006 these tickets were £40. Are Mr Rollins fees double what they were 4 years ago or is the Barbican getting greedy?
How did you get into the aftershow?

nakedlunch

Through a friend who knows someone there. Will try the same contact again this year. Meeting Sonny was a bit like meeting royalty, we were ushered into his private room one by one. The poor man looked exhausted but was extremely friendly and compliant with autograph requests and photos etc.

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Through a friend who knows someone there. Will try the same contact again this year. Meeting Sonny was a bit like meeting royalty, we were ushered into his private room one by one. The poor man looked exhausted but was extremely friendly and compliant with autograph requests and photos etc.
i'd love to met him. I have met Courtney Pine, Pete King, Bobby Wellings, Andy Sheppard (who I had dinner with) and of course Karen Sharp is my teacher :w00t: but it would top it all to meet Sonny.

nakedlunch

i'd love to met him. I have met Courtney Pine, Pete King, Bobby Wellings, Andy Sheppard (who I had dinner with) and of course Karen Sharp is my teacher :w00t: but it would top it all to meet Sonny.
Will see what i can do nearer the time. If I can get an extra pass (that's if I manage to get one for myself as well) then I will pass it onto you.

Top Bottom