support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Songs in Key of London

thehunt

Went to Barbican last night to see the show case of Chris Difford ( formerly Squeeze ) who had set up a gig with a theme of London, there were some really good people on, Glenn Tilbrook, Jools Holland, but for me the highlight of the evening was Elvis Costello who came out at the end and was awesome. Just him and his guitar.:welldone
Brill !!

The Barbican are brilliant for quirky 'themed' music nights. i've seen their Twisted Christmas show, A night of Pirate songs and Sea Shanties (Brilliant- if only for my occassional musical boss, Sandy Dillon's raucous rendition of 'Bully in the Alley'- it's on YouTube- and isn't for the fainthearted!)) and a night based on the 12 plagues of Egypt. Each one's thrown up some storming performances & introduced me to a lot of musicians I'd not previously have encountered.... plus Mrs Jules works at the barbican so we normally get good seats, woo hoo!
Did you get the (deeply scarey) Tiger Lillies on last night's show? They normally do this kind of event- and really traumatize audiences!

I was never a great fan of EC till I saw him play at Birmingham Symphony Hall 4 years ago. Not exactly the most rock-and-roll of venues, but he set the place alight. Ridiculously talented bloke, even if I can only get along with about 30% of his music.

No Tiger Lillies, but a guy called Natty who was just great. It was a really good night, thought Suggs was C***. They did a tribute to Ian Dury, liked the music but not the lyrics.
Agree with Dooce i was not a big EC fan either, but he was just electric, talk about stage presence.

I saw the Kodo drummers a few years back at the Barbican that was also really good.
The Barbican are brilliant for quirky 'themed' music nights. i've seen their Twisted Christmas show, A night of Pirate songs and Sea Shanties (Brilliant- if only for my occassional musical boss, Sandy Dillon's raucous rendition of 'Bully in the Alley'- it's on YouTube- and isn't for the fainthearted!)) and a night based on the 12 plagues of Egypt. Each one's thrown up some storming performances & introduced me to a lot of musicians I'd not previously have encountered.... plus Mrs Jules works at the barbican so we normally get good seats, woo hoo!
Did you get the (deeply scarey) Tiger Lillies on last night's show? They normally do this kind of event- and really traumatize audiences!

Don't be Lori, you are lucky as he lives over the other side of the pond with the delicious Ms Krall, you have more chance of seeing him perform now than we do. Go on his website, you'll see his tour dates. Phil
That's it ........ I am utterly and completely jealous! I have had a crush on Elvis since 1978...... *sigh*