support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Song for Chris

Mike

I didn't intend to post something else so quickly. I actually recorded something
that I'm proud of. Our own, Chris Knowles, wrote the tune last year and I was just practicing with some old tunes
and it was a one shot deal. I came back to it later and I actually enjoyed it. That never happens to me! lol...
Practicing pays off in dividends! It's been a month and a half of working everyday and I'm inspired by what may come down the road. It's just a overall gratifying feeling.

Chris gets the dedication because I believe if it weren't for Chris's work I would not possibly be playing today. I quit all the time...... His work gave me the incentive to want to practice everyday, and I'm really diggin it!

Hey, don't let my self-enthusiasm throw ya, It may not sound as good to others and I can truly understand that.

Okay, back to the shed.......

Song for Chris...
(music written by Chris Knowles)
http://www.soundclick.com/mikemilillo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks everyone....I appreciate it....

I did take off the 'effects'.....I think it's better more natural. The effect (phaser) was just an experiment....
Let me know what ya think.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont mind effx, because you can always hear the real sound. i think you chose the effects for a particular setting. ie Jazz Club/ 02 Arena. I will catch your show when you get there Mike. Heading in the right direction, with your shedding. Reminds me of the story of this kid walking the streets of New York, carrying a violin. Anyway he stops a stranger and asks. Do you know the way to Carnegie Hall. The stranger replies..... PRACTICE. PRACTICE.

I dont mind effx, because you can always hear the real sound. i think you chose the effects for a particular setting. ie Jazz Club/ 02 Arena. I will catch your show when you get there Mike. Heading in the right direction, with your shedding. Reminds me of the story of this kid walking the streets of New York, carrying a violin. Anyway he stops a stranger and asks. Do you know the way to Carnegie Hall. The stranger replies..... PRACTICE. PRACTICE.

Haha, yeah I heard that not to long ago when in fact I was standing right outside Carnegie Hall.
I used a bit of 'phaser'......Experimentation is always a good thing. Chris, said if I do choose to use it again to be more creative with it and I agree. It was too much. But I do like it without the effect. The sax has such a distinct sound on it's own and I shouldn't be tampering with that.

My show? lol....Maybe I'll play opening act for the Kukla, Fran and Ollie revivial show?...
Well, the thing about practicing is that we always hope to improve and in that concept is where the essence of inspiration comes forth. I've not had a boring moment since I started because I know exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks for the encouragement Jim!

Glad the same beatnik cool is there but there is more confidence and lots of space. Fluid drive?

Ha, beatnik?.........lol........Crazy daddy-o..........Solid Jackson.............Slip me some skin...........I'm diggin' the scene..........Man, this place is squaresville................Or,...............dullsville, depending on what neighborhood you belonged to.
Yeah, I'm hep......

Okay Wade.........I'm down, I'm down........