Son of mighty mouse

half diminished

Just thought I'd pass on my views on using the Apple Magic Mouse. Bloody awesome! No wires, no rolly buttons, wheels or balls. Works a treat.

Only down side is the cost at £55.

That'sit really. :)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Logitech do the Cordless Optical TrakMan that suits me, rather than one of the few marketing mistakes Saint Steve has made. ;}

Don't need a mouse mat either, think of the Carbon Footprint Savings. ;}

Only mention it as mine is still going strong after five or so years and to join in the "Look what I've got" mood. :)

As you've dropped out of the Nosh 'n' Blow from pressure of work Ian, may we all wish you and yours a good Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

OP
half diminished

half diminished

And that you can't use it with a computer. >:)
How would that be an issue?

Logitech do the Cordless Optical TrakMan that suits me, rather than one of the few marketing mistakes Saint Steve has made. ;}

Don't need a mouse mat either, think of the Carbon Footprint Savings. ;}

Only mention it as mine is still going strong after five or so years and to join in the "Look what I've got" mood. :)

As you've dropped out of the Nosh 'n' Blow from pressure of work Ian, may we all wish you and yours a good Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.
yeh, the old mighty mouse was a shocker.

As for the bash, I am really sorry but mrs hd has put her foot down. Now I've started doing the photography more again I'm out with that a fair bit and then there's sax lessons, and practice time (a lot of that too). Work is pressure, pressure and I'm in London at least 3 days a week so that's 12+ hours away from home.

I was looking forward to it :(

Anyway, have a great one.

Young Col

Same from me Ian. Thanks for organising the workshop in August for us. Looking forward to next year's. I shall report back on the Martin Litton Band with Karen on reeds, doing the Ellington tribute show up the road from here on Saturday night.
Colin

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Same from me Ian. Thanks for organising the workshop in August for us. Looking forward to next year's. I shall report back on the Martin Litton Band with Karen on reeds, doing the Ellington tribute show up the road from here on Saturday night.
Colin
No problem. I am lucky to have her as a teacher. By the way, she has just been voted (and won some award) as best tenor sax player in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
No problem. I am luck to have her as a teacher. By the way, she has just been voted (and won some award) as best tenor sax player in the UK.
CURSES!

Get me the names of the judges who voted for her. Bribed enough for it to be mine. Promise that even if they turn out to be your neighbour, the explosion and the resulting blood stains will not affect your property in any way. >:)

thehunt

ooohhhh

I am getting worried now Ian, you keep telling us you are a relative beginner but with a teacher like Karen i bet your red hot on the ol blowy thing, I am worried now for the workshop in April...
I went back in my darkroom last night, yes smelly old chemicals so know how it is with the photography and sax playing. work jsut gets in the way does'nt it ??
No problem. I am lucky to have her as a teacher. By the way, she has just been voted (and won some award) as best tenor sax player in the UK.

OP
half diminished

half diminished

I am getting worried now Ian, you keep telling us you are a relative beginner but with a teacher like Karen i bet your red hot on the ol blowy thing, I am worried now for the workshop in April...
I went back in my darkroom last night, yes smelly old chemicals so know how it is with the photography and sax playing. work jsut gets in the way does'nt it ??
I don't need to keep telling those who have heard me play!

Intonation is coming on nicely; technique, plateaued at rubbish but Karen assures me one day it will 'just improve'; playing Jazz/improvising -ha! Ferkin rubbish! I am getting to understand some of it in theory but i just cannot do it in real-time and I'm getting fed up playing arpeggios!

So the teacher is great but I am not!!

Just an example. I've been struggling to get to grips with transcribing Coco Beano. So I played it on my iPhone to Karen. Inside 60 seconds she's identified the first few notes, that Ray Gelatto's playing is based on arpeggios in E major. Within 10 minutes, we have 32 bars mapped out and I'm playing it, all-be-it a little slowly. Now I can't understand why I was struggling.

So having a good teacher makes me better that I might have been, but I'll not be making a living from playing tenor anytime in this lifetime!!

Don't worry about the workshop, whatever level you are it'll be a great hoot, or is that honk!

As for the photography, I just last month bought a Leica 'Barnack' II (D) dated 1932. Its a beautiful camera and I am starting to use a bit of film again. Also getting the OM3 out occasionally. I have decided to develop my own film again, though I'll be scanning rather than setting up a wet darkroom. I am tempted but we don't have the space really and I don't have enough time either.

thehunt

I have been working really hard on my intonation as i feel if you have a rubbish sound it does not matter how fast you can fly around your instrument it will just sound like fast rubbish.
Also been going over my scales and arpeggios. Just started my grade four pieces and scales. That with band practice and trying to print, oh and i work as well... that's it in a nutshell.
The Leica sounds great, i've put a halt on any new cameras. Don't really need them. Paper and chemicals cost enough these days.
Phil

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Barnac Leica.... Must have been a good Xmas bonus >:)

Seriously - enjoy. My father in law sent his old Chinon 35mm slr over with the mother in law. Nothnig like a Leica, but a nice gift for the collection. Must put a film through it.

Top Bottom