PPT mouthpieces

Somewhere Over the Rainbow 1/5/2020 #NhsStaysafe#

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Firstly i would like to thank @bflat for hosting April Botm
The baton has been passed onto myself, so I’ve chosen the same tune from 2012 (Wow,that long ago)
Reason being is we are all aware of the world pandemic and how the medical frontline throughout the world have been immense in their efforts to control the virus.
Returning to this tune gives us all a chance to thank the frontline staff for all the hard work they are doing.
@nigeld has worked his magic and created the score and the backing (Thanks Nigel)
Now there are two ways we can do a version, either through the normal process or..........gulp
Upload a version you performed on your doorstep, when we clap for the nhs, choice is yours.
I do know a few members have already done the latter (me included) scary moment !
Here is a link to score/backing,
Nigel has created a easier Ab version for us Eb’s (no high D)

dLooking forward to seeing/hearing your rendition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for choosing one of my all time favorite songs. Those who would like some background on the song can go to: Somewhere Over the Rainbow The part of the story I find most interesting is that the MGM executives cut “Over the Rainbow” from the film three times, thinking it slowed the pace of their overly long movie. In the end, it was Arthur Freed who used his friendship and influence with Louis B. Mayer to get the song permanently reinstated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely relaxed version, don't you just love quick n dirty

Well done Kev. Even stronger than just a few weeks ago.
Nice fat sound too.
I see you have gone vintage. Love those old Kings.

Ive been learning this on the Clarinet recently again (started playing again after 20 year+ gap) and it sounds good!
But hearing it on the Saxophone sounds so much sweeter!!! I have to say "Well done to @trimmy" @randulo thats beautifully played!

@trimmy all I can say it originated in China along with other things, as to exact provenance unsure. Like yours it’ a keeper but the mouthpiece is worth more than the horn!!!! Stay safe. Regards Al

Well... I've managed to load the track into Ableton... printed off the music (going to write a bass part I think as well as it's either that or transpose at sight from the bari part, which I can do - depends on the accidentals...). I will then see if I can record sax and cello (I have never recorded cello before and it might prove too much of a challenge).

I may be gone some time.

....OK... there may be some delays whilst I work out a few technical challenges. For example, how to get one of my sets of wireless headphones to give me the backing track... I can get wired headphones to work, but the cable is only 1m long so that's not really viable... Whilst I have a 3m jack-to-jack cable, that requires a couple of connectors I don't have...

I think the wireless headphones issue is my lack of understanding of the relationship between my Mac and its sounds options, Ableton and its configuration, and the Scarlet Focusrite and its behaviour...

Google gave me some pointers, but didn't entirely answer the question I asked... so I think more time disappearing down Google rabbit holes coming up...

I think the wireless headphones issue is my lack of understanding of the relationship between my Mac and its sounds options,
Can you elaborate with details, possibly on one of the recording threads, so we don't make a detour on this one? I'm sure many would jump in to help you.

did i miss it for a tenor... love the song great for a beginner

To keep me motivated I'm going to commit to recording this one, not sure how long it will take as I have to set all my recording stuff up again, it's been boxed since we moved last June. I was also having trouble with software recording programmes too before I packed it all away!

Jx

To keep me motivated I'm going to commit to recording this one, not sure how long it will take as I have to set all my recording stuff up again,
Or you could just video from the front step ;)

Back
Top Bottom