Sometimes it's the little things...

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
that cause your fingers to tangle the most.
This is it (about 132bpm):
triplets.jpg

So there are basically 2 ways of doing this (6 if you're a clever clogs or 12 if you have a low A baritone).
Which would you choose?

Interestingly (if you're a bit of a nerd like me) I reckon this is the hardest pitch for this particular group of triplets (2 rising semitones). If you start on any other note it's easier - even ones involving sliding little fingers across rollers.

But perhaps it's just me being kack-handed. :D

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
I would use the standard fingerings for all 3 notes. I'm happy to flip flop F to F# and B to C. I really don't like the alt F# or any of the side keys for that matter. I rarely even use the side Bb. I love the bis. I just find inline fingerings so much easier.

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
I would use the standard fingerings for all 3 notes. I'm happy to flip flop F to F# and B to C. I really don't like the alt F# or any of the side keys for that matter. I rarely even use the side Bb. I love the bis. I just find inline fingerings so much easier.
Ah, but how fast can you do it?

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
I think standard fingering seems easier... lifting just two adjacent fingers

To use the side F# key at any speed I have to alter the position of my right hand so that it's difficult to escape beyond that riff

Top Bottom