SYOS

Something you didn't prepare for?

Taz

Busking Oracle
So, those of us who gig, jam or busk tend to prepare ourselves for most situations, most problems have been thought out and every angle covered. Freshly charged batteries for mic's amps and other electrical items. A selection of blown in reeds of the correct strength, spare leads and a selection of rubber bands just in case a spring lets you down. Clingfilm, blue tack and superglue are all items we tend to pack just in case something breaks.

We are well covered and prepared for everything, or so we think, but what happens when a gremlin appears? That spanner that you forgot about gets it's self firmly wedged in the cogs of your finely tuned machine?

Well, guess what happened to me on Saturday night! We were playing at a very important gig at the Botanical gardens in Edgbaston, Birmingham. Playing to a packed house of very respectable people, I, in my usual form, ran towards the piano, leaped onto it's black and white chequered top, turned around with my legs spread wide and ............... split my trousers from crotch to knee! :shocked: What made it worse is that I didn't notice! It was only when the piano player said, "Great solo Kid, you really showed them what your made of!" :))):))):)))

What eventuality are you not prepared for then? ;}

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
:))) :))) :)))

I love it when someone can tell a joke/story at his own expense.... Bet those who noticed thought you were being very professional to keep going like that.....

Reminds me of when 4 of us went to see Watership Down. Two couples. The other guy (who wore very tight trousers) decided to bunny hop out of the cinema, and split the crotch seam on his trousers. What a hoot...

Last edited by a moderator:

thehunt

when i was a young man, 17 to be precise i had to go up to London to Butchers Hall to have a dinner, so i borrowed a suit, light brown and a light brown tie. This was also an interview for me to get a scholarship to go to Germany.
Anyway the Hall is very grand, tapestrries, chandeliers etc, so you get the picture, quite impressive stuff for a 17 year old.
The dinner started with asparagus soup i promptly sat down and plonked my tie right into the soup, in my panic to get it out i flicked it all over my shirt and trousers. Not a good moment.
I got the scholarship though!! :eek:

RobatBlueRock

The first night of our honeymoon we collapsed a 300 year old
4-poster bed in the honeymoon suite of the Royal Falcon hotel, Stratford!!! :shocked: LOOOOONG story.

Anyway... having finally plucked up the courage to ring down to the duty night-manager.. he duly arrived with a maid in tow... bent over to pick up the pieces and split his penguine suite trousers from front to back.:)))

Breakfast the following morning was ..well ... interesting. Surrounded by a lot of smiling staff ! :D

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
The first night of our honeymoon we collapsed a 300 year old
4-poster bed in the honeymoon suite of the Royal Falcon hotel, Stratford!!! :shocked: LOOOOONG story.

Anyway... having finally plucked up the courage to ring down to the duty night-manager.. he duly arrived with a maid in tow... bent over to pick up the pieces and split his penguine suite trousers from front to back.:)))

Breakfast the following morning was ..well ... interesting. Surrounded by a lot of smiling staff ! :D
You noticed the bed break? :)))

Top Bottom