All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Something wrong with this picture...

Chris98

I noticed this advert in a magazine this morning and luckily it's on their website too! Is it just me, or does it irritate you too when you see photos that clearly show the person isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing?

So, anyone reckon they know what note he's playing? And what about that embouchure!

Chris

Taz

Busking Oracle
Well it looks like the ligs on upside down for a start, and as for hand position..... I recon he's playing a screaming altissimo G#####
I also think he's laying on his back and they turned the picture 90 degrees (I'm sure there's a button for that symbol) as he's not wearing a strap! Any others?

Fraser Jarvis

Sax looks like a Yani but why is his right hand so high up, you can clearly see the thumb hook...

jonf

I noticed this advert in a magazine this morning and luckily it's on their website too! Is it just me, or does it irritate you too when you see photos that clearly show the person isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing?

Chris
Nope, it's not just you. One of my colleagues is a diabetic, and her booklet.diary thing has a bloke holding a sax on the front, but with his left hand at the bottom, right at the top. Drives me nuts.

Look at that right hand position! The thing that never ceases to amaze me is that it's actually more awkward to hold the sax wrong than right.

Young Col

In similar vein, I've seen an advert recently in a magazine for some health food, vitamins or something (didn't really take much notice), that had a picture of a metronome, rather like in Chris 98's avatar, but the caption was about getting your body in tune.
YC

old git

Tremendous Bore
How dare you criticise my technique.

All your names are now on the CaSLM hit list.

YC will call on you to administer just retribution before killing himself.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
I saw a picture in a magazine recently on the left side was a close up of a sax and on the right a scantily clad young lady.
I looked closely at the sax, glanced at the lady then had another good look at the sax.
Worrying.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I saw a picture in a magazine recently on the left side was a close up of a sax and on the right a scantily clad young lady.
I looked closely at the sax, glanced at the lady then had another good look at the sax.
Worrying.
You're not serious!

:)))

jazzdoh

Worrying.

Which magazine was that,could really do with looking at another picture of a sax lol

O.C.V.

To get back to the thread somewhat, how often have I seen photos of musicians printed as mirror images, even those taken by well known jazz photographers such as Claxton. I suppose we should allow them some artistic licence but it really bugs me.
O.C.V.

Top Bottom