support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Something so right about this…

Chris98

It’s the weekend and what a gloriously sunny day, I’m feeling lazy, in the way that only happens when the sun is shining and I can feel its warmth, the shorts and t-shirt have come out, so nice not to be encumbered by coats and shoes! I’m working on a really nice arrangement of “Summer Time” on the tenor and somehow it just feels right, the music fits my mood and the day. I’m not worried about the few mistakes I’m making as long as I don’t loose the feel of the music I could go on playing this all day, the tenor just has to be the ideal instrument for days like these!

I hope everyone else is having a suitably lazy day,

Chris

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Not me I'm afraid just been dragged off to the garden centre and now I have to plant all the green stuff

But I spent all yesterday learning OVER THE RAINBOW brill>:)john

ps that SUMMERTIME is very high isn't it I need to sort out a different key

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Col

Chris, that's just about spot on. I've got quite a bad throat infection (almost as bad as the kind I used to get 40 odd years ago when penicillin tablets didn't work and I had to have injections!), so I'm taking advantage of not speaking much, sitting in the garden and giving my alto a good careful clean after several weeks of playing most days. Later I shall try a cool slippery cocktail while listening to Jazz Record Requests on Radio 3 on wireless headphones, while I watch my son do the barbecue. Nice, isn't it?
YC

jonf

Went out for a very nice picnic with the Mrs F and little Fs to the beautiful Sheffield Park Gardens in Sussex. Lovely day out. Long trousers, though, as I tend to find shorts have a nasty habit of shrinking over the winter. Just working up the energy to give the soprano a bit of a work out.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Weekly shop, grass cutting and some fish tank work today. Weather's not summery at all. Has been a miserable spring this year.

Summertime - shouldn't be high. My arrangement (for tenor) is in D, starts on F# + octave.

OP
Chris98

Chris98

I feel lucky I was able to enjoy such glorious day, Col I hope the throat gets better soon and you had a good barbecue. Tomorrow is supposed to be another lovely day, however I've been told I'm to go shopping for some new t-shirts and a pair of shorts! Not exactly my idea of fun, but should be able to get it out the way quickly enough as long as I don't have to try on too much! I can remember being a kid and asking if I had to try both shoes on!

The version of Summertime I'm working on is in C and then after the key change it's in D, first note is E2.

I've just started a new book: 'Sittin'in with the big Band' (jazz ensemble play-along) which is proving to be a bit of fun.

All the best,

Chris

Top Bottom