All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Something out of Nothing

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Wade, you show a great ear in this piece. Nice tone as always, and only a few rubs with the harmony. As an exercise it is really good, it forces you to listen to what is being played.

Chris..

flamingoer

Locality
london
Thanks for sharing a really fascinating exercise - also consistently beautiful.
Loved it all. Keep posting.

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
Thanks guys. Never know how this sort of stuff will be received as it's kind of angular and sitting on the free jazz side of things without the screaming tear it up vibe.

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Sounds great, organic, almost like a conversation.

Wade Cornell

Locality
Sounds great, organic, almost like a conversation.

Thanks Tim. IMHO music should always be about communication and has similarities to speech with points of view. In this case I'm trying to create a dialogue with the guitarist and, as is usual for guitarists, he's not necessarily listening to me. Anyone else can be an observer, but it's not directed towards an audience. The best music is a direct communication between the artist and the listener where the listener gets the artist's message.

Jazz often has a self imposed disadvantage where the musicians are playing for themselves or the other musicians and not (directly) for the audience. The audience are allowed to be appreciative voyeurs but given little else.

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Thanks Tim. IMHO music should always be about communication and has similarities to speech with points of view. In this case I'm trying to create a dialogue with the guitarist and, as is usual for guitarists, he's not necessarily listening to me. Anyone else can be an observer, but it's not directed towards an audience. The best music is a direct communication between the artist and the listener where the listener gets the artist's message.

Jazz often has a self imposed disadvantage where the musicians are playing for themselves or the other musicians and not (directly) for the audience. The audience are allowed to be appreciative voyeurs but given little else.

Your comment re. guitarists made me laugh :) I appreciate what you've said re. jazz and its self imposed disadvantage. Fortunately, there are many occurrences where the music is played for the audience, but is it a coincidence that those occurrences (IMO) happen in live recordings more often?

As regards the recording, I really like it - your tone and playing suit the piece beautifully, and compliment what the guitarist
is doing equally. I'd like to hear more of this.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Loving your new jams with another guitar player.Keeps you fresh and this as ever is right up there.

Jamesmac

Can't locate your track, the link goes to my page that I don't access much( only have one track) tried the arrows at the top of the page, no luck. I can access mike when he posts on sound click. any suggestions ?

Wade Cornell

Locality
Can't locate your track, the link goes to my page that I don't access much( only have one track) tried the arrows at the top of the page, no luck. I can access mike when he posts on sound click. any suggestions ?

I haven't got a clue! If you're really interested I can E-mail it to you. PM me your E-mail (it's not really that good though just a improv jam and example of trying to find a musical fit).

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom