support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Fake! Something odd about Selmer

looks like a selmer prelude or something similar, i may be wrong, cheaper end student range sax.
all i know is i won't be bidding on it ;)

What do you think is wrong? Not clear photos but looks like it might be a Prelude, Selmer's student sax, new at around £380.

Or it might be a Chinese ripoff. Photo on left is a laser cut (fake?) logo. Photo on the right is the genuine Selmer engraved logo. I've looked a pictures of the Conn-Selmer Prelude and it has the name "Prelude" written on the bell. It certainly wouldn't use the name "Henri Selmer Paris".

Last edited by a moderator:
Naturally I asked the seller 5 days ago for some more photos...

He says:

It has "869" on it.

He received it as a gift about 5 years ago and doesn't no anything about it.

He promised to send some more photos 5/6 Sept but hasn't.

Its yet another fake Selmer from China, apart from the engraving the "s" on the neck octave is quite different on these, the mis-shaped low C key is always a give away as well, we even saw one once engraved SEMLER on the bell.

Yep, A Chinese "replica" (unimpressive knockoff something) ..... the Preludes I`ve seen have Prelude on the bell in the biggest lettering

Last edited by a moderator:
Selmer USA (CONN-SELMER) the seller of the prelude series is NOT Henri Selmer Paris (despite some shops in the USA deceitfully advertising it this way!)

http://burfordmusicalinstrumentco.com/product.php?id_product=10&id_lang=1

the two companies have in common only the origin of the Selmer part of Conn-Selmer founded by a relative of HENRI SELMER PARIS FRANCE but they are different and separate companies. CONN-SELMER is the American distributor of HENRI SELMER

This horn is a Chinese fake where the Henri Selmer logo has been laser etched on the bell.

I have seen several of these around. The seller and advertisers of these horns should be prosecuted under the laws against the selling and spreading of the counterfeits in the UK which should have been made or will be soon made in a criminal offence.

Queen's speech: selling counterfeit goods to be made criminal offence
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud_protection/counterfeit_good

report it to action fraud

Report Fraud and Cyber Crime

Last edited:
I didn`t realise that Conn-Selmer USA and Selmer Paris were different companies, I thought the former was the cheap arm of the latter, rather like Squier is to Fender or Epiphone to Gibson . Thanks Milandro ..

I know........it happens all the time! Conn_Selmer was sold lately and lots of people started speculating about the fate of Henri Selmer which is not even the same company!

Hence the cork grease which is from the former company and has a different font to the Henri Selmer products!

I agree-I messaged the seller asking for the model and serial number, and didn't get a reply. Well dodgy!

It looks like it sold for £360.00. You'd think folks would have more sense than to buy as sax from someone using the name

slobbery_turtl3.

Back
Top Bottom