Something I'd like to share ...

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Tomorrow night, here in the US, PBS is presenting a live talk show with some of the cast and crew of "Downton Abbey" ahead of the film which will be released next month. It should be a good time for fans of the beloved series.

The reason I mention it is that I will working as a talent coordinator on the show and also warming up the audience. This is exciting for me, as I am an independent filmmaker and spent ten years as a stand up comic. As passionate as I am about music, it is a hobby for me, while this venture plays into my career path.

I'm thrilled to get back in front of an audience and have the opportunity to meet some very talented people. The composer of the show's music, John Lunn, will also be there playing piano during the warm up. I would enjoy meeting him as well.

I don't know how much time I will actually have to schmooze with anyone, but I am looking forward to this.

Keep Blowing

Commercial Café Supporter
Tomorrow night, here in the US, PBS is presenting a live talk show with some of the cast and crew of "Downton Abbey" ahead of the film which will be released next month. It should be a good time for fans of the beloved series.

The reason I mention it is that I will working as a talent coordinator on the show and also warming up the audience. This is exciting for me, as I am an independent filmmaker and spent ten years as a stand up comic. As passionate as I am about music, it is a hobby for me, while this venture plays into my career path.

I'm thrilled to get back in front of an audience and have the opportunity to meet some very talented people. The composer of the show's music, John Lunn, will also be there playing piano during the warm up. I would enjoy meeting him as well.

I don't know how much time I will actually have to schmooze with anyone, but I am looking forward to this.
Well done and have a great time!

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Well done. Although I'm an amateur musician, with most of my experience as a choral singer, I've had some amazing gigs over the years - singing in a BBC Proms concert at the Albert Hall, part of an opera for BBC TV, playing cello for the 'Abbey Road' studio orchestra in the making of ITC production 'Cilla'...
Hope it all goes well.

OP
GCinCT

GCinCT

Subscriber
Well done. Although I'm an amateur musician, with most of my experience as a choral singer, I've had some amazing gigs over the years - singing in a BBC Proms concert at the Albert Hall, part of an opera for BBC TV, playing cello for the 'Abbey Road' studio orchestra in the making of ITC production 'Cilla'...
Hope it all goes well.
Those are some wonderful experiences!

OP
GCinCT

GCinCT

Subscriber
The show Sunday night was a lot of fun! Everything went smoothly and the audience had a great time. I didn't get to warm up the audience. I was essentially bumped by the executive producer. Disappointing, but he was the boss and the evening was not about me. I did get to interact quite a bit with the audience before and after the show and when they were leaving, they said goodbye, many calling me by name. That was very nice.

I enjoyed my role as a talent coordinator. I met Phyllis Logan, Kevin Doyle, Michael Fox and Laura Carmichael, all cast members as well as producers Liz Trubridge and Gareth Neames. All very warm, down to earth people. I also got to chat briefly with Deborah Roberts of "Good Morning America". She hosted and was very nice too.

I didn't talk to composer John Lunn. He seemed introverted and I gave him his space. I did get to hear him play though. His music is beautiful and he is a fine pianist.

Overall, a wonderful experience. I did quite a bit of networking, so hopefully more opportunities in the future.

Top Bottom