All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Something a bit different

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Should have said keep checking back, they are asleep now but were feeding earlier. There are four of them.

Young Col

Excellent Jeanette, what a find!
Actually we have a vixen and her cubs round our back garden. They come out early in the morning. Quite sweet but destructive of plants and they'd probably have my koi if the water wasn't so deep.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
A friend of ours gets badgers, lovely to watch but again very destructive. They feed them on the patio to try and stop them attacking the plants.

jonf

There are quite a few pairs of peregrines in central London. Tate Modern, a tower block in Vauxhall, Telecom Tower, Battersea Power Station. Until last year I worked in an office very near the Vauxhall one, and often used to see them. There was a nest cam there too last year. The problem with these is that the chicks get very messy as they get older, so the camera lens gets covered in poo!

Sunray

Unusual Sighting ...

Two Weeks ago, my wife and I went to Lakenheath Fen - we saw 24 Hobbies in flight. [All at the same time]. :w00t:

All were seen flying across then Fen while hawking dragonflies ...

Fantastic ...

Never saw the Golden Oriel though ... :(

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
That must have been a lovely sight. :)

Sometimes it's good to take time out and just watch nature......never had much time for it before but I just love seeing animals in the wild now.

Jx

Sunray

Wildlife ...

It was very special ...

I have watched and filmed wildlife in Britain for many years and have had many sightings of hobbies in the past, but to see them in such numbers was amazing ... :w00t:

I am not sure if you have found "this thread" yet Jeanette, I am sure you will be interested ...

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
That must have been a lovely sight. :)

Sometimes it's good to take time out and just watch nature......never had much time for it before but I just love seeing animals in the wild now.

Jx
I was lucky enough to live in Africa for 15 years. Many of my holidays & weekends were spent in the bush doing just that. Wonderful therapy - and scary how much we miss by rushing past. I miss it a lot.

But I'm lucky - there are quite a few wild deer living on the unfenced farmlands around me and we often see deer, rabbits, hares, birds of prey on the way into work. Occasionally a fox or marten. Lots of herons, egrets, storks as well. There was a covey of partidges in the grounds at work, but haven't seen them since I move to the other side of the building a few years ago, so not sure if they're still there or not.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
It was very special ...

I have watched and filmed wildlife in Britain for many years and have had many sightings of hobbies in the past, but to see them in such numbers was amazing ... :w00t:

I am not sure if you have found "this thread" yet Jeanette, I am sure you will be interested ...
No I hadn't found the thread so thank you. There are some fantastic pictures. Loved the deer. There is some real skill in capturing some of those pics.

Unfortunately not one that I have:(

Perhaps if I master the sax I'll take that up next lol!! Don't hold your breathe:)

Jx

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
I was lucky enough to live in Africa for 15 years. Many of my holidays & weekends were spent in the bush doing just that. Wonderful therapy - and scary how much we miss by rushing past. I miss it a lot.

But I'm lucky - there are quite a few wild deer living on the unfenced farmlands around me and we often see deer, rabbits, hares, birds of prey on the way into work. Occasionally a fox or marten. Lots of herons, egrets, storks as well. There was a covey of partidges in the grounds at work, but haven't seen them since I move to the other side of the building a few years ago, so not sure if they're still there or not.
I think my favourite wildlife sighting was in the blue ridge mountains when we saw a mother bear and her cubs, only fleeting but very exciting.

Jx

BigMartin

These are lousy pics (it was dark and I didn't want to disturb it too much) but a couple of years ago this stoat let us watch it at close quarters for about 20 minutes. Never seen anything like it before or since, only the most fleeting of glimpses. It was on the Camel Trail near Wadebridge, Cornwall.
P5223465.jpg
P5223492.jpg

old git

Tremendous Bore
These are lousy pics (it was dark and I didn't want to disturb it too much) but a couple of years ago this stoat let us watch it at close quarters for about 20 minutes. Never seen anything like it before or since, only the most fleeting of glimpses. It was on the Camel Trail near Wadebridge, Cornwall.
View attachment 833
View attachment 834
Was it playing a saxophone?

If it was, you were correct all the time, Pete.

Taz

Busking Oracle
View attachment 833
View attachment 834
For a moment I thought you had got confused and it was a weasel, then I remembered

Weasels are weasely recognisable 'cos stoats are stoataly different!

I'll get my coat shall I?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
For a moment I thought you had got confused and it was a weasel, then I remembered

Weasels are weasely recognisable 'cos stoats are stoataly different!

I'll get my coat shall I?
Yes please:)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom