All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Someone could have told me :)

Moz

Just found out the Soundcloud link in my sig didn't work, I think it's been like that for a couple of years. Silly me, I've probably missed out on a lot of other peoples tracks with this error. Who else is on Soundcloud?

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Taz What is soundcloud ? Regds, Apprentice nerd. N.
Not Taz, but, Soundcloud is a website where you can upload mp3's of recordings you have done. From there you can share a link on this forum for example and people can have a listen..

Check out Daey's soundcloud link in his signature.

Chris..

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Hi Martin - long time no see. Love "In The Vicinity" - is that your own composition? Are you still going tho Debbie & Sarah's weeks at Knuston? We've seen them a couple of times in the last year but not in a sax environment. Hope you're well.

Moz

Hi Martin - long time no see. Love "In The Vicinity" - is that your own composition? Are you still going tho Debbie & Sarah's weeks at Knuston? We've seen them a couple of times in the last year but not in a sax environment. Hope you're well.
No Sue, I no longer go to Knuston nor do I have formal sax lessons anymore. After seven years of lessons I would have hoped to be able to pick up a piece of music at at least grade 7 and be able to sight-read it but I can't. I realise that sight-reading to grade 5 was the best I was ever going to achieve and that to continue with lessons or going to Knuston just caused stress as I was perpetually going to fail to achieve my goals. Although I don't do much practice these days, I do compose stuff and In The Vicinity was one such, I have another, much faster and more refined piece that is a work in progress. Since stopping formal lessons my sax playing has become a lot more relaxed and has allowed me to concentrate on playing-by-ear improv (I suppose one can't really 'concentrate' as that defeats the object, one just does it).

My last visit to Knuston was most enjoyable though as I managed to get Debbie, Sarah, Sarah and Victoria Soames-Samek to play my Bell Tower Suite, which I composed over the course of a year. You can hear it here: http://martin-j.webs.com/classicalcompositions.htm

I probably wouldn't make such a large composition again mainly because when an established composer was asked to review the score he merely concentrated on my mistakes made in notation rather than the piece as a whole -- of course that may have been because he didn't like the piece and was being kind but , hey ho, whatever.

Oops, I've just realised I'm effectively sending an email via this forum so I'd better stop. I trust you too, are well.

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom