All profit supporting   special needs music

Saxophones Some existential thoughts on GAS & eBaying at the moon.

MikeMorrell

Netherlands
Café Supporter
Locality
Breda
I really must be the odd player out here! No GAS symptoms whatsoever. I have just 1 (tenor) sax and 2 mpc's that I regularly play. And a bass guitar which I'm sure I'll get around to learning to play ;). Over the past years, I've sold off a piano and 3 guitars because a) I didn't play them much and b) I didn't have the space for them when 'downsizing' my appartement.

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
The best type of GAS is where you amass dozens of whatever horns you fancy so as to find what suits you best, then you sell all the ones which aren't as good. What's the point in keeping them all? Yes, stick to the ONE and you'll be a better player far quicker than trying to juggle loads of SATB and more.

BUT... there's the thrill of the chase... the thought you might one day regret selling your xyz... the chance that one day you'll grow into one of the other horns... or that an unused mouthpiece will suit you or another horn in the future... the "I don't really play tenor but I shouldn't part with my mint 62 or soulsome T4...

Yansalis

Locality
USA
The thing I am starting to hate about GAS is when you get something that you're super-excited to play but it then goes into tech purgatory and a month later you vaguely remember being excited about playing a new horn, don't you own one of those, oh yeah, it's at the tech.

PigSquealer

Connoisseur of applesauce
Café Supporter
Locality
Los Angeles
What, none inside the bed?
Just measured the boxspring. 11.5 inches. Most of the cases are 8 inches. I could gut the area. put the cases in and cover it with a thick layer of foam rubber..

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom