All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities

Some elevator music....

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Excellent Guenne, really enjoyed that.
I've been working on some Spyro stuff myself recently.
Itsa very happy in a carib calypso carnival style.
5-Star stuff - lovely tone you have.
You look as though you're reading the whole thing ?
Jay mostly plays either Alto or Sop - is that a tenor number ?
I ask because I'm not familiar with that particular track.
And last but not least where dja get the backing track ?
Love it lets have some more . . . :)

OP
Guenne

Guenne

Hi saxofriends,

my room is a bit problematic for recording, it's low, and it has lots of wood, pushing low mids and making the sax sound like it's put in wadding.
In this recording, I have EQed the low mids, reducing about 5db at about 300 and 400 hz.
A guy in the german forum told me to try a 60ms delay to make the horn stand out a bit better.

What do you think? It's the same video, only audio is processed differently.

Cheers and thanks, Guenne

Caz

Hi saxofriends,

my room is a bit problematic for recording, it's low, and it has lots of wood, pushing low mids and making the sax sound like it's put in wadding.
In this recording, I have EQed the low mids, reducing about 5db at about 300 and 400 hz.
A guy in the german forum told me to try a 60ms delay to make the horn stand out a bit better.

What do you think? It's the same video, only audio is processed differently.

Cheers and thanks, Guenne
At first i thought there were a bit more of a compression sound to the first clip - but the more i try to compare the two clips the more i cant tell them apart. If i'd have to choose, i would choose the first clip as i thought i blended best with the backing track. But in honesty i cant really tell them apart. Your playing is really was a pleasant surprise :)

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Just a word of thanks to @Guenne for the booktip. For anyone interested it's in Sax Plus! Volume 5
However - I've been working on "The Chicken" on tenor for a few days now. (Same book) It's a cracker. A real finger buster.
Not recommended for the very very nervous.
It's attributed to Jaco Pastorius who I guess made it more popular but the original is by Pee Wee Ellis from the B-side of a James Brown hit. It's also on the Maceo Parker Mo' Roots Album.

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
This is the Guy who plays horn on the above mentioned book: Otto Staniloi.

Very tasty

Profusia

SAA-MOOOOTHE!!!! Lovely tone - captures the piece perfectly. Nice nice nice! Suddenly doesn't fees so autumnally :)

Colin the Bear

Lovely sounds as always. I've been captivated by Morning dance since I first heard it in the 1980's was it? You've inspired me to have another go at some of the tunes.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Wonderful, if I still had stairs I'd sit on them and listen all night :)

Jx

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Elevator music from the times we had to use stairs instead:

Cheers, Guenne
You are obviously accustomed to much classier elevators than I am.

Elevator music made me decide that the alto sax was not a nice instrument, but if you take over the elevator franchise I might have to change my mind.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom