support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones So who got what off Santa......

Gassed myself severely in the form of a new old bass clarinet- an early 1960s Kolhert, lovely bit of kit- vastly superior to my old Selmer Bundy. plus a cheapo metalite for my tenor which is... splendidly lary :)

Gassed myself severely in the form of a new old bass clarinet- an early 1960s Kolhert, lovely bit of kit- vastly superior to my old Selmer Bundy. plus a cheapo metalite for my tenor which is... splendidly lary :)

Sounds nice.I admit december was a good month.Got a new keyboard amp for little jams.Got monitor speakers.A digitech 300 effects unit.My Raw XS tenor and a curved soprano.EV mic.A camcorder for little sound clipd videos.New alto mp.Bunch of mic leads.A cd.A Saxxas ligature,ERRRRR i think thats it.Santas bag was well full.Me spoilt i thinks.

what breed's yer new sop?

Gassed myself severely in the form of a new old bass clarinet- an early 1960s Kolhert, lovely bit of kit- vastly superior to my old Selmer Bundy.

When you get bored with it, drop me a note.....

For me, my Christmas pressie was really my Kohlert low bb bari. Stupendous sax.

Sounds nice.I admit december was a good month.Got a new keyboard amp for little jams.Got monitor speakers.A digitech 300 effects unit.My Raw XS tenor and a curved soprano.EV mic.A camcorder for little sound clipd videos.New alto mp.Bunch of mic leads.A cd.A Saxxas ligature,ERRRRR i think thats it.Santas bag was well full.Me spoilt i thinks.
You forgot the cuddly toy LOL

I got nothing saxy but got an iPad mini,slippers,smellies and a bottle of Macallan 10yr

When you get bored with it, drop me a note.....
not likely to get bored with it but I might well fall off a fiscal cliff at some stage!
Got an excellent book called 'Wizard' about the life of Nikolai Tesla too, very good...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two mouthpieces on trial from Marten Postma - a tenor and a bari. http://sax.mpostma.nl/EN/index.html

These are very weird looking, with the beak and chamber sort of wrapped around in sheet metal which comes up to form the rails, but there is no table at all. Initial results are interesting and I have got a lot of experimenting to do, including trying out various positions for the removable baffle that can be stuck in with wax.

Rhys

PS Davey, you are amazing !

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a lovely new wristwatch and a pair of slippers.... :) Can't play a tune on either of them yet though :(

I got 1001 jazz licks book, a box of Vandoren jazz reeds, Beechler alto mpc, hercules stand, and a few cds, :)

ohh and socks

Got an excellent book called 'Wizard' about the life of Nikolai Tesla too, very good...

Now that sounds really interesting. Fascinating man, part visionary genius, part nutter.......

I got two mouthpieces on trial from Marten Postma - a tenor and a bari. http://sax.mpostma.nl/EN/index.html

These are very weird looking, with the beak and chamber sort of wrapped around in sheet metal which comes up to form the rails, but there is no table at all. Initial results are interesting and I have got a lot of experimenting to do, including trying out various positions for the removable baffle that can be stuck in with wax.

Rhys

PS Davey, you are amazing !

Just a Thomann curved sop £270ish and hey its very canny indeed.Better than the BW curvy i had.Great little find.
Amazing Rhys,me never.........

Got the Dolnet bari a while ago, but I'm allowed to play it without my daughter moaning. And Rob Buckland's wonderful book. My mother amazed both of us. I got Kamie Oliver's 15 minute meals and my wife got Nigellissima - we were both hungry 15 minutes after Christmas dinner...

Next week, my birthday cake is coming from Nigella's book - Olive oil chocolate cake.

You forgot the cuddly toy LOL

I got nothing saxy but got an iPad mini,slippers,smellies and a bottle of Macallan 10yr

Oh i also got 3 bottles of Gin,2 bottles of Jacks D,Lots of nice Ales.Socks !!!!!!!!!! a new watch,DVD's,lots of smellys,cash but the tight buggers did not get me the cuddly toy,is i being picky :shocked::))):))):))):)))>:)

It looks to me that I have reached the age where even ties, socks, smellies (whatever they are) and booze are no longer appropriate. i could fit mymfew prezzies in my stocking except the book would have to rolled up.

Pperhaps some kind soul could roll back the clock.......maybe 40 years or so...

It looks to me that I have reached the age where even ties, socks, smellies (whatever they are) and booze are no longer appropriate. i could fit mymfew prezzies in my stocking except the book would have to rolled up.

Pperhaps some kind soul could roll back the clock.......maybe 40 years or so...
Hell, no! I'm not living through the 1970s again.

Back
Top Bottom