support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Sniffing at more GAS... wife'll kill me!!

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
:shocked:

On the trail of another Tenor.
Will I, won't I....
Should I, shouldn't I....

More later.

:)

You would be better opening a shop and you could play all day long;}

Jx

Maybe just maybe, you might be better off. Buying a Hi end quality horn you just love to bits.

Chris..

To much GAS is bad for you.>:).

Maybe just maybe, you might be better off. Buying a Hi end quality horn you just love to bits.

Chris..

To much GAS is bad for you.>:).

Maybe this one might be? It's a little pricier than the others.

:confused:

It's a little pricier than the others.

You have to tell us more than that>:) Plus a little more than £40/£60 doesn't get to far up the ladder..

Chris..

No David!!! Don't stop!!! That would be boring!! This is better than Broadchurch!

OK, deed is done. Really not sure if this is a good one, but it was reaching out to me...

It's an Ida Maria Grassi "Made in Italy" Tenor, S/N 32257 (1976). Ribbed construction. No dents. A little tarnishing. Owned last 18 years. Stored for 3 years at home so will no doubt need some fettling....

406419077.jpg

406419072.jpg

406419067.jpg

This time (worried) you tell me what I should have paid for it? Seller tells me she thinks it a MkIII model but I can't find any reference to this as a model. I think it's a Grassi Student model but the ribbed construction and hand engraving may be a clue to those in the know?

How did I do this time, forgetting the price for a moment?

Oooo-er!!!

Everything you wanted to ask is always close to hand
Grassi Saxophones

Chris..

btw I found an alto @ £94.00 and a tenor @ £320

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you opening a home for retired saxophones???? or are you playing some :confused:

Are you opening a home for retired saxophones???? or are you playing some :confused:

Don't panic. Played the Buffet this morning. Russian Tenor a few days ago. Yamaha is newly set up and up for sale here. Beaugnier awaits a purchaser too. Carmichael Tenor now set up awaiting collection from the tech next Tuesday.
Maybe I should keep the Beaugnier and Grassi and sell the Buffet? I've a feeling the Grassi will disappoint in its elderly ergos. Still, as has been said, once I sell 'em all I can buy a high end horn! What would you lot do for entertainment then, eh?

:shocked:

Interesting.....?

This later "Professional 2000" model has identical trade mark numbers/letters, maybe even identical engraving, as in my photos above: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selmer-MK-VI-clone-Italian-Grassi-Tenor-saxophone-Ida-Maria-Professional-2000-/290849542459?ViewItem=&clk_rvr_id=472391075386&item=290849542459&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&nma=true&si=YuDugDknFN4wV5WhtDI958r60XM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Comments on this?

The main difference I can see is the improved body to bell brace as mentioned in the history posted above in the one on ebay. The later models did not have the ring attached directly to the body of the sax where your pictures have that. According to the history, when Grassi tried to improve the horns from the standard, they stopped soldering the ring directly to the body.

Have looked on Google and found different models from $300 to $1400. Looks like a really nice saxophone.

It does look nice. If you're keeping this one, it doesn't matter what model it is as long as you love the feel and sound. Are you going to tell us how much it cost, and whether you employed your legendary bargaining skills? :D

Back
Top Bottom