Exciting News! Sneak Preview from my new album

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Tribute?

Is a synonym for plagiarism?
Is it? I have no qualms about saying I was inspired by his style, just as I have been inspired by Ellington, Basie or Glenn Miller when writing for big band. But no copyright infringement of melody has taken place (I do believe Mr Tchaikovsky's works are public domain)

ac30kev

Too old for a six-pack, it's now a sax-pack
Wow...
Which Tarantino film have you sold this to? And if not, why not? (Don't try the old 'he's not making any more films'... when he hears this, he'll write another for sure.)
I can see Travolta and Samuel L. "Mo-Fo" Jackson dancing the quickstep to this...

P.S. I liked it :)

Ivan

Undecided
Is it? I have no qualms about saying I was inspired by his style, just as I have been inspired by Ellington, Basie or Glenn Miller when writing for big band. But no copyright infringement of melody has taken place (I do believe Mr Tchaikovsky's works are public domain)
Sorry @Pete Thomas I was making light of what you said and not what you played. I was forgetting that infringement is a matter of importance in your professional world

You do a good job of standing on the shoulders of giants

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Big smiles for this. I love the way it's on a knife edge between reverence and satire. Which way does it fall? It doesn't it just soars there allowing the listener to bring whatever they have to the interpretation.

MikeMorrell

Netherlands
Subscriber
I had to look up Juan García Esquivel and listen to a few of his recordings and I think you did him proud with this tribute! Took a bit of getting used to but with Esquivel as a reference point, I loved it!

Now for something completely different.

This is a sort of tribute to Juan García Esquivel. From Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet.
https://soundcloud.com/petethomasmusic%2Fromeo

Top Bottom