support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD SML saxophones

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
Price of Item
£575 - £2150
I am the proud owner of several SML saxophones, soprano, alto and tenor. I shall not bore you with my tiresome opinions about these horns but they are wonderful. I guarantee that all the saxes advertised here play throughout.

King Marigaux tenor: (missing 2 pearl buttons on the bell keyguards, missing switchable g# linkage on little finger cluster. silverplate.) £1150. SOLD
Gold Medal mk 1 tenor: (lacquer/nickel) £2150. SOLD
Rev D tenor: £2050, delacquered, some discolouration, adjustable felts on bow(!).SOLD

Super 41 alto: £750. new pads.
Gold Medal mk 2 alto: £1200. just serviced. SOLD
Radiotone (Rev B): £575.

Gold Medal soprano: £1250. just serviced. silverplate.
King Marigaux soprano: £1250. lacquer finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
photographs available on request. just leave an e-mail i can send them to.

Hi, I am interested in some pics of your lovely tenors please!
[ADMIN EDIT] email address removed

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i'd love to help, but an admin. has just removed your e-mail address. i shall try to upload one or two here - i've never done it so i don't know if it will work.

kmt03.JPG
kmt05.JPG
kmt12.JPG
kmt13.JPG

i don't have any pictures of the other 3 at the moment. 1 gold medal mk 1 is being repadded in bristol and i haven't taken any pictures of the rev d or the other gold medal mk 1 yet. if there was any light here i would do it - i hope to do it soon.

well, i'd love to help, but an admin. has just removed your e-mail address. i shall try to upload one or two here

We don't recommend people publish private email addresses. Please use the forum PC facility to discuss a sale off the forum or exchange email addresses there.

Thanks

Jx

thanks jeanette. if sam wants to open a private chat i will visit for her e-mail address. i have several more pictures of the king marigaux tenor - the silver one (which is just like a gold medal mk 2).

thanks jeanette. if sam wants to open a private chat i will visit for her e-mail address. i have several more pictures of the king marigaux tenor - the silver one (which is just like a gold medal mk 2).
Pictures can be uploaded in the media section too and linked to :)

Jx

Sorry! I couldnt work out how to do a private chat. Lovely looking Sax.... I think I may have found one elsewhere. But good luck with the sale!

Sorry! I couldnt work out how to do a private chat. Lovely looking Sax.... I think I may have found one elsewhere. But good luck with the sale!
Click on his avatar or forum name, in the pop up is a chat link.

@peterpick please can you confirm if these are still for sale?

You have a pc from a member enquiring

Jx

thanks jeanette, we don't get notifications, do we, for pc's. i'm also willing to take reasonable offers for most of these - the gold medal mk 1 tenor is probably not flexible in price however, it was quite expensive. the king marigaux tenor is SOLD, and has gone to finland.

i can't edit the first post to reflect that, i think....

the gold medal 2 alto is also sold. hurry while stocks last.

oh! so is the gold medal mk 1 tenor. thanks jeanette. i also checked the neck on the 'radiotone' alto and it's interchangeable with 'super' series and gold medal necks, so i withdraw my comment about it being a different bore (i myself am the same bore that i ever was) - nevertheless it sounds different.... i wonder why. i still have a mk 1 gold medal tenor and i suppose i would sell it if pressed, or squeezed gently.

thanks for the updates, jeanette. is it possible for you to remove the text accompanying the 'radiotone' alto which falsely claims it is a different bore? i would be grateful. peter

Back
Top Bottom