support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Smart Music

It would be great if we could get a teacher to take this/us on.
Any volunteers?:)

I'll give it a go.

Thanks Mamos, I think I'll go for it.

Don't know about my teacher, she is only in her twenties and may not be able to afford it, but I'll talk to her anyway.

I've got all the metronome and tuning stuff but I like the idea of the MP3 player, does this cover an iPOD as well?

I notice the sound card specified is DirectX 9, I've got an Avance 97, hope that will do.

I'll tell you how I get on.

Hope the snow has all gone down there in Falmouth. We didn't have much, Bude has always had its own eco-climate.

Bill

You import an mp3 into smartmusic and you can go loads of things to it like slow it down without altering the pitch so you can practice those faster passages.

You can alter the pitch so you can learn a tune in all keys

Plus you can just play a little part of a tune over and over again until you get it right or you other half throttles you.

No snow down hear now but I think you guys may be in for some tonight

mamos

is anyone running this on a vista laptop....i dont seem to be able to find direct x 9 drivers...my sound details on device manager just mention realtek????????

Realtek will be the maker of the sound card. DirectX is software. As far as I know Vista has DirectX 10, and DirectX9 stuff should run under it.

"One thing which I have just found out.
If you switch computers
ie home and work.
There is a switching limit (not sure what it is, 'cause I didn't know there was one, until I couldn't log in at home or work).
Had to send an email to be logged back in and waiting on a response to see if I need 2 subs or is it allowed (assuming they can track what instruments are being used and how)."

Recieved email this morning,
I will need 2 subs as I am using 2 computers.

Luckily I installed it on the laptop which is always with me but good point.

Make sure you think which computer you need it on before you download it

mamos

Hi Bob

You can only register one computer at a time with smusic. You can sign out of the computer you have it on and transfer the account to a new computer and vice versa, I think as many times as you like. I have transferred it from computer a to computer b and back again but it is a bit of a faff.

Generally glad to see everyone who has smusic likes it and thinks its worth the money. Now if we could all find a teacher to use it, we would have the best of both worlds.

Everything up and running

Downloaded SmartMusic yesterday, haven't got to grips with all of it yet, but I agree it is perfect to work with.

Had a little trouble activating it but it turned out it was my firewall blocking it.

Thanks once again for the information leading to this, Mamos you "done good" as they say.

Can't hang about too much to investigate.

Bill

"You can sign out of the computer you have it on and transfer the account to a new computer and vice versa"

Hi Chris
Yes, that is correct, but there is a limit as to how many times you can switch (trying to find out what the limit is), as I found out when I couldn't access my acount from home or work.
No real deal to invest another £19, so I now have one account for home and one for work.
Note:- When I was denied access for 24 hours, I was getting withdrawal symptoms---couldn't go through that again;}

For info for Chris (tenor saxman), mamos, anyone else thats interested.
---------------------------------------------------------------
James A
How switch overs am I allowed?

Bob,
It's set to 5 per year to allow for travelling, festivals or when you need to bring your computer in for repairs.

James A.
MakeMusic Customer Support
01/20/2010 02:56 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------

yes, you can use paypal.

Thanks Bob

I suppose if the worst came to the worst it is not the end of the world if you have to pay twice to have it on two computers.

For what you get it is still a bargain

mamos

I just signed up - thanks for the heads-up Tenorsaxman.

I haven't browsed around that much yet, but it seems like they should have a "find a teacher" on their site, kind of like the ability to find a consultant on the Quickbooks site. I searched in their support files and their forum, and didn't find anything obvious. Regardless, I'm looking forward to using this to supplement my lessons and trying on my own.

G

I have just sent the following message to SmartMusic.
There are several of us in the uk using smartmusic and we would like to be able to have online lessons from a music teacher. We are all saxophonists who meet on cafesaxophone.com. It would be very helpful to us all to have details of those teachers who use smartmusic and who would accept individual students to teach rather than the school orchestra teachers featured on your site. Do such music teachers exist? And if so, could you publish a list so that we, usually adult students, could get on line lessons and assignments. I look forward to your reply.

I will let everyone know when they get back to me.

Ive just had a lesson with my teacher, Saxnik, and we had this discussion as although I dont have smartmusic, I might look into it.
He said that he might look into it too as I mentioned to him there are some members here who want to find a teacher that has it, so maybe he will be able to help.
Im sure he will keep you informed if he decides to do it.

Thanks Andy. I hope Saxnik gives it a go. Several of us fancy using this distance learning approach. Especially useful for me as I move around a bit.

Back
Top Bottom