Tutorials

Smart Music

OP
Mamos

Mamos

Ive just had a lesson with my teacher, Saxnik, and we had this discussion as although I dont have smartmusic, I might look into it.
He said that he might look into it too as I mentioned to him there are some members here who want to find a teacher that has it, so maybe he will be able to help.
Im sure he will keep you informed if he decides to do it.
I have been telling saxnik all about it as well. He is probably sick of hearing about it by now.

mamos

saxnik

Shall I go for it?

OK, so you guys have been raving about SmartMusic, and it looks great.

I could sign up as an online educator (!) for around £100, but from the website information it looks like the tutor side is mostly aimed at musical directors of ensembles.
Now I always try to recommend playing with others, I think it increases your abilities in all facets of music much more quickly than solo practice (which of course is very necessary), but online that isn't an option.

Would it be helpful if I offered myself up as a tutor for this and (most importantly for me as a self-employed musician) will I get my money back!!?

Mamos and I have been doing online lessons via Skype, with relatively good results, but it may be that SmartMusic would be a better solution, or a useful supplement between lessons.

Love to hear your thoughts, people.

Nick

OK, so you guys have been raving about SmartMusic, and it looks great.

I could sign up as an online educator (!) for around £100, but from the website information it looks like the tutor side is mostly aimed at musical directors of ensembles.
Now I always try to recommend playing with others, I think it increases your abilities in all facets of music much more quickly than solo practice (which of course is very necessary), but online that isn't an option.

Would it be helpful if I offered myself up as a tutor for this and (most importantly for me as a self-employed musician) will I get my money back!!?

Mamos and I have been doing online lessons via Skype, with relatively good results, but it may be that SmartMusic would be a better solution, or a useful supplement between lessons.

Love to hear your thoughts, people.

Nick
On the basis that this is largely a self help site where we help each other because we want to and this is business concerning music lessons, I suggest rather than having a public discussion, anyone interested in Saxnik's proposal should get in touch with him via a pm and, if there is enough demand then no doubt he will be able to make a commercial judgment. I will be in touch with him today.

I have just sent the following message to SmartMusic.
There are several of us in the uk using smartmusic and we would like to be able to have online lessons from a music teacher. We are all saxophonists who meet on cafesaxophone.com. It would be very helpful to us all to have details of those teachers who use smartmusic and who would accept individual students to teach rather than the school orchestra teachers featured on your site. Do such music teachers exist? And if so, could you publish a list so that we, usually adult students, could get on line lessons and assignments. I look forward to your reply.

I will let everyone know when they get back to me.
THis is the fairly pathetic reply I received from SmartMusic HQ

Chris,

Thanks for contacting SmartMusic support! Unfortunately, we dont' have a compiled list of all teachers who are using SmartMusic in the UK. I'd recommend taking a look at the SmartMusic forums and browsing around a bit. Since Gradebook has limited use Internationally, you may not find much, but there is always a possibility!

Here's the link to the forum:

http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23

Sincerely,

Rebecca C.
MakeMusic Customer Support

I honestly don't think they get it. They are totally focussed on school bands and haven't grasped the potential of individual learners. If they got their act together, there are large revenue streams that could be generated to benefit their business.

Never mind. Anyone contempating distance learning, especially with smusic should get in touch with Saxnik, as myself and Fishpond have.

teebones

Subscriber
Paypal

THis is the fairly pathetic reply I received from SmartMusic HQ

Chris,

Thanks for contacting SmartMusic support! Unfortunately, we dont' have a compiled list of all teachers who are using SmartMusic in the UK. I'd recommend taking a look at the SmartMusic forums and browsing around a bit. Since Gradebook has limited use Internationally, you may not find much, but there is always a possibility!

Here's the link to the forum:

http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23

Sincerely,

Rebecca C.
MakeMusic Customer Support

I honestly don't think they get it. They are totally focussed on school bands and haven't grasped the potential of individual learners. If they got their act together, there are large revenue streams that could be generated to benefit their business.

Never mind. Anyone contempating distance learning, especially with smusic should get in touch with Saxnik, as myself and Fishpond have.

:( Hi for those thinking of joining

Filled in form got to the payment part :w00t: No Paypal

Don't want to use my debit card :(

angie54321

Wow, rave reviews!

I've decided to subscribe for a year. As someone who has trouble with timing, I think this programme may help me a lot, as well as introducing me to a lot of new music I can play (or should I say, attempt to play)

Top Bottom