support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Skylark

I'd forgotten this tune. A lovely melody. You're developing your own sound now. Lovely tone.

I looked it up. Apparently Johnny Mercer took a year after getting the music from Hoagy Carmichael to get the lyric just right. And then so many instrumental versions. He must have been a bit miffed. I was surprised that Glenn Miller had the first hit in 1942 and I hadn't heard it. I think I like Ella Fitzgerald's 1963 version best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtRD38CVFi0

It's one to add to the busking repertoire.

I thought I'd have a bash at this. That middle bit nearly drove me mad. Took me all day to get it. With the dots. My brain hurts.
I think it's about ready to busk. Give it a couple of weeks and I might be able to find my way around it without a headache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jazz sound= Art Pepper
Jazz playing= Agreed
Modern- Gerald Albright

My list :thumb:

Yea Albright has MONSTER chops.I go with Sanborn as he's his own man and sound.1 or 2 notes on his alto and you know its him,now thats a great thing to have.I had a video years back of Phil Collins big band,hey he done well but they get Sanborn to guest spot a Collins tune and Albright is sitting in the section looking at Sanborn with the biggest smile and grin,total joy and respect.These 2 guys are true stellar alto players.Albright is 1 of the best alto altissimo players out there for sure.

Me bad, bass player Nathan East and other alto player were looking smiling.
checkout Albrights solo here and many others.Albright knows James Carter is here and WOW he throws in them Carter vibe crazy chordal licks which Carter got from the MONSTER CRAZY tenor god David Murry in all truth. For the best tenor solo Pee Wee Ellis is king,ARGHHHHHHHHHH ITS GREAT

http://youtu.be/YIVUCwRVUBY

Last edited by a moderator:
This coming school year I'm to play it as a feature with jazz band, but I dislike the arrangement. Doesn't match the words at all in my opinion.
And when I click your link, I am told we can't find this on soundcloud

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom